expires trial, domain

Highlighted
3 0 0

During the trial period, I opened the “IMA moments” store on Shopify. Since I hadn’t used it for a while, I didn’t get access anymore. Although I tried several times, there was a message that I would get a 10-digit code at imamoments@gssouser.com, but it never came. The explanation was that my account had expired. So I started setting up the same but new store where I can’t enter my domain as it reports that this domain is already in use in another store (apparently in my old one).
I don’t want to buy a new domain,  please can you activate my old store (which would be best) or drop my domain for me so I can enter it into my new store layout.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1055 62 124

Hi there @IMA1!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for letting us know about this! We should be able to help you out here, one way or another.

You mentioned you had been sent the 10-digit reactivation codes, but that you had not been able to find those, correct?

If you can, check again for these emails by searching in your 'spam', 'junk', or 'others' folder as messages like this can sometimes be filtered there by your email provider.

If, when you check there you cannot find these emails at all, I would then recommend that you get in touch with your email provider to see if there is any sort of restriction in place affecting Shopify emails or automated send-outs like this.

Let us know here if you can't get those emails out at all, and we can discuss our next steps then.

We would be able to escalate this internally for you, to have a new email address added as the account owner address so you would then be able to log in using that email.

Or, if you prefer, we can look into getting the domain released from the older store so you can use it on the new one, as per your preference.

Keep me updated here and we can work together on resolving this to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Please can you help me.

I'm trying to delete the domain on this store: basic-superfoods.myshopify.com cause my trial ended and i cant transfer it.

please can you email me

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1055 62 124

Hi there @keeganmorgan!

Don here from Shopify.

As the 'myshopify.com' URL each store is created under is unique to that store and account it would not be possible to delete, edit or re-use it in any way.

Not to worry, as there are still plenty of options available to you in terms of domains for your store.

You can always create a new store and account and use any other available URL that has not already been used to create a store.

It would even work to just add a figure (123) or a dash or dot in between words (basic.superfoods.myshopify.com) to slightly edit this so you can create a new store.

It's also possible to just add a custom domain, either purchased directly in the Shopify admin or by connecting a third-party domain.

As long as this is set as your primary domain your customers will only see this while shopping in your store online and not the 'myshopify.com' URL.

Almost every merchant would add a custom domain to their store, rather than using the default 'myshopify.com' URL the store was created with.

Have a think about how you might like to proceed for your business and let me know if you have any questions at all!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes