extra charge depend of payment method

Meisam_Negini
1 0 1

Hello
How i can charge online shop customer 3% extra if they chose credit card/paypal  on payment method of checkout  or fixed amount if they chose COD ( Cash on Delivery )  ?  

Regards

Adam_A_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
13 0 4

Hi Meisam,

Currently it is not possible to have the checkout determine which payment option is being used and then adjust the checkout total based on that.

Adam
Shopify Guru

Frieder_Kellman
1 0 1

Hi Adam,

as we're pretty much interested in adding a payment fee for certain payment methods (manual ones e.g.): Is there still really no option to solve this problem?

Thanks and best regards,

the rollholz-team

Priscilla_Rolve
1 0 1

Hi Adam, 

I also have this problem. My country states I need to offer an afterpay method, but those are pretty expensive in contrast with the other payment methods. I can legally add a payment fee though, but this isn't possible in Shopify. This is a real disadventage! 

I hope there will be a solution real soon. 

Regards, 
Priscilla

Muzi_Sobe
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi - was this problem ever solved?

I need to offer various methods of payment and each payment has its own fee which I need to show to the customer.

Johan_de_Kock
Tourist
3 0 6

after 3 years still no solution?

Shopify please......

Ambermmk_
1 0 0

is there a solution yet?

0 Likes
alonsomulgado
1 0 0

2021 still no solution 

0 Likes
Minnieschinchil
1 0 0

Is there any update pls? We need this function and ability to add the extra charges. GIven so many customers need it, why cant shopify add this function? Whats the roadmap for this can you advise?  

0 Likes