facebook and shopify lite

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 0

Somehow you can use a "sales channel" and and sell over facebook with shopify lite. The Shopify gurus don't know how to explain to me how this is done. How do you do this? You get a page. I have had a page and they say "business" page. Pages have "templates" so maybe that's what they mean, they just don't understand what a "page" is. So can anyone explain to me how to use facebook with shopfy lite? If I can figure it out, I'll explain it to shopify help.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1663 50 173

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/facebook-sales-channel/setup

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
1 Like
Tourist
13 0 0
I erased the page. There was no "Shop" section there that I was a aware
of. I know there is supposed to be. There was various sections. When I
am logged into my myshopify.com account page, I click facebook and it
mentions 3rd party apps and facebookcommerce apps. I have no idea there
what is being talked about. If I can get something going and working
good, I might just to to the basic or even higher account. Right now,
living on $50 a week is pretty rough, so I am looking to make more
money, not spend money I don't have with $30 a month accounts and higher
amounts.

Bill
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1663 50 173

Unfortunately your problem statement doesn't have enough detail to try and figure out what's wrong.

With the url i provided if your trying to get free help to resolve this your going to need to detail where you are in the setup process and detail problems better.

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 0

Oh let me say too, IDK about a "role" in the page. But the page was unpublished but I published it and it still didn't work. So that wasn't the cause of not being able to connect with my myshopify.com page.

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 0

Thanks much Paul for your help. I will look into this and at the URL you showed me. I will get back with you with more info as soon as I can :)

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
1663 50 173

@Bill26 wrote:

Oh let me say too, IDK about a "role" in the page. But the page was unpublished but I published it and it still didn't work. So that wasn't the cause of not being able to connect with my myshopify.com page.

Assume that's facebook "role"? That's referring to making sure the facebook account is an Admin for that page a requirement  https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/facebook-sales-channel/requirements

In which case the ball is in facebooks court to ensure your a page admin and you have to pursue their support and docs. https://www.facebook.com/help/323502271070625/

While frustrating an issue you to face here is your using two systems , facebook and shopify, so it is very important to mention which NOUN the thing is happening on.

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 0

Well as I continue down the shopify help page I see snapshots of facebook. It's shopify that I want to set up the "store" on. if I can do it reasonably. Since I am using Lite I have to use page. I should have set up an audience how ever you do that before going to shopify somehow separately from my personal FB page. I have no idea how using shopify to publish even a couple of Oberlo products.

0 Likes