facebook shop not visible

Tourist
8 0 2

Hi all,

I think I have a similar problem like at least 4-5 other people here had in HY1 this year:

The shop section of my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/wayneandwale/shop/?ref=page_internal does not work anymore. My shop is not there anymore/no products are shown since approx 7 days. It says I should edit my collections in my Shopify admin. My facebook page is enabled in Shopify (dis- and enabled it at least 3-4 times the past days and it gets always approved and enabled by facebook). Facebook ads are up and running. Instagram is also working. I sell only normal products, all sustainable fashion and household, as well as female hygiene (like menstrual cups) products, that are organic, sustainably sourced and eco friendly. My shop is GDPR conform (legal terms, shipping info, terms and conditions and privacy policy all accessible in the footer, in the main navigation bar and on the checkout pages + there's a highly attention grabbing popup before checkout, that tells people to read all these policies. And my contact info contains two different ways + address to contact me). On Shopify I can see, that none of my 200 products can be published to facebook, although my facebook shop was up and running for approx 2 weeks before all products were gone from it over night. All settings on facebook are done correctly (spare yourself all these funny facebook setting screenshots - I've seen all the other posts and checked all this already). Is there a general problem between facebook and Shopify since the beginning of this year? Does someone know if Shopify is working on solving this? Is there something else I can do? Most of my visits come from facebook, so I would love to convert the visitors into users directly on there, instead of losing or trying to convert them here. Clearly, I also contacted facebook about this matter. But as you know, FB does not really often reply...

Thanks very much, JessBildschirmfoto 2019-07-16 um 16.32.21.pngBildschirmfoto 2019-07-16 um 16.32.06.pngBildschirmfoto 2019-07-16 um 16.31.17.png

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
408 45 71

Hey, @JessyWayneWhale!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Facebook sales channel. I completely understand how important it is for your store's systems and channels to be consistent and reliable, however, it does look like there are some problems with Facebook on the system at the moment. I can assure you we have all hands on deck working to fix this as quickly as possible and limit downtime as best we can but at this time we need to wait for the Facebook devs to get back to us with a fix.

In the meantime, there are some workarounds that have worked for a few people if you want to give it a go. I know you said you have tried a lot of them before but following the steps in a certain order can sometimes make a difference. 

1. Delete the Facebook Sales Channel.

2. Please clear your cache and cookies and ensure you are using Google Chrome.
3. Remove "Shopify" from your Business integrations (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools). Then log out of Facebook.
08-59-lbwud-3t38l
4. Re-install the Facebook Sales Channel and attempt to connect.

When I visited your Facebook page there is no Shop tab showing at all on my end. 

2019-07-17fb5-qpup0

This would mean that your Facebook template is not set to "Shopping", if it is set to anything else, it will not work. Here's how you would find the section to change that: 
1. Go to the Facebook page you are an administrator for
2. Click 'Settings'
3. Click 'Templates and Tabs' - If this section says anything but 'Shopping', click 'Edit
4. Click 'View Details' on Shopping and 'Apply Template'
2019-07-3v8tj-yeb75

Next, please make sure you have enabled the Shop Tab:
1. Click Settings at the top-right corner of your Facebook Page.
2. Then click Templates and Tabs from the menu on the left.
3. Click the Add a Tab button and click Add Tab next to the Shop option.
You should see the Shop tab again on your Page now.
2019-07-3czzc-kx688

Lastly, we need to make sure the page is published (on facebooks side, the connection in the admin does not mean it is published):
To Publish Shop Page:
1. Click Settings at the top of your Page
2. From General, click Page Visibility
3. Click the setting to "Page published"
4. Click Save Changes
2019-07-5l3e2-sxjx9

If this does not fix anything then please let me know with as much detail as possible and I will escalate your case to our technical team so they can continue to monitor the situation and the effect this has.

Thank you,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I'm also experiencing the same issues with my shopify/facebook shop integration. I've followed all of the suggestions from this post and a handful of others in the community and I'm still stuck with the Facebook message of "Manage your collections on Shopify. Go to Shopify"

emiliorojas.com is the URL

1 Like
1 0 0

I am also experiencing this issue. I've read at least 3 different shopify community threads with this issue and all of the suggestions offered by shopify has been tried and tried but I don't see anywhere with a definitive resolution. I would think that with this many users having the same issue that it would be looked at by shopify devs. What is the root cause of this issue? I am experiencing it and have tried what has been documented in this thread from a to z twice already. Please advise.

0 Likes
1 0 0
Having exact same problem I couldn't get my store to refresh as was still showing stock no longer available so I tried uninstalling facebook and re adding it now that all works etc yet I click on the shop icon on facebook and there is nothing there all my products are published to facebook on shopify
0 Likes