fortydeals40.com was a fake store and they closed the store without sending the products for many people

Highlighted
2 0 1

As Shopify, why did you let them swindle the customers and close the store before sending the products? There are thousands of people were swindled by fortydeals40.com so how to help these people to get back their mony?

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
365 0 24

Hi, Mesut. 

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

Sorry to hear you've had trouble dealing with this shop. Shops are responsible for shipping and sending products to customers, so asking them for an update is the best first step. Usually, an email reply to your order details would be my first recommendation. I assume this has not worked for you.

If you placed an order with them and it was not fulfilled, then I would recommend that you contact your bank, or credit card provider (depending on how you paid) and give them the information about your purchase. They'll be able to give you the next steps for reporting and refunding the order if needed. 

If you've also reached out to your bank, I'd suggest one other avenue for reporting a shop's behaviour for review. Head to this page and enter in a sentence like "I have a complaint about my order" here

Then follow the prompts to enter the relevant details. This is a good step to do last, as we aren't able to help with refunds or package tracking, but we can let our team know about your experience this way.

Ultimately, it's not an ideal scenario to lose out due to a shop being closed but I hope that information helps anyone reading this. We review shops in many different ways aside from the details mentioned here, but these steps are important for you to follow as a customer helping us track and report issues externally as well. I hope that helps you feel empowered to move onto next steps.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com 

0 Likes
2 0 1

The store is not available so there is no way to contact them. I think you have the most reliable information about the store and refund process. 

0 Likes