giving One Product multiple items to manage inventory

DonovanDuggan1
Visitor
2 0 0

Let’s say I have products A, B and C and I track inventory on all of them.  Now I have set up product Z which is a bundle of products A, B and C.  Is there a way to track inventory on product Z?  How do I deal with this?  Right now, every time I sell product Z, I just manually have to decrease the inventory of A, B and C but that’s getting tedious!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Replies 3 (3)

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
894 23 173

Your manual approach is definitely not scalable. 

What you need is an inventory app to link product Z with product A, B, C. Real-time stock sync by Trunk and connected inventory apps are good. 

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

We offer 2 options to maintain inventory:

For product Z we calculate the inventory available based on what the components A, B and C inventory levels are so if you cannot make up Z it will show out of stock.

When product Z is sold we convert the order to show A, B and C so your stock levels for those are maintained automatically by Shopify.

Regards

Tom

sgeorgiev
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I've created a custom web app that does exactly what you need. It also helps in cases where the products that you are selling include multiple items that are not sold separately. For example, the packaging, booklets, stickers, samples, etc. I can show you a demo if you are interested. Note that the app is not listed on the Shopify app store.