This is an accepted solution.
I was going to make a list of things I was thinking as I went through, but really I think if you're serious about opening a Shopify store, you should burn this one down (figuratively) and start again
It looks like you have gone to fiverr and purchased a 'ready made store', which does not work.
In the spirit of helping out, just in case this is a legitimate attempt at a real store, you should;
-Add more gym equipment. The only home gym items are a stretchy rope and a yoga mat.
-Remove the trademarks that I will assume are not actually trademarked
-Remove the fake reviews
-Remove the out of stock product from prominent display
-Work on gaining more social proof through Facebook and Instagram. Either that, or remove the links.
-Change the colour of your announcement. Those colours together really make it a struggle to read
-Consider changing the wording on your main image. The 'Welcome' is not prominent enough and the first impression is that the sentence does not make sense at all.
*Edit: Oh, and you have 2 carts, both very different which strikes me as odd.. and 'Buy it Now' + 'Add to cart' do not work so well if you have both. If you add to cart, then go to a second item and click 'buy it now', it ignores whatever is in the cart, which is a bit confusing.. Also your 'Buy it now' button did not actually work for me - it just loaded a blank page.
This is an accepted solution.
Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. Is this your first store? You've done some of the essentials for the store, so well done, and I think you can build on what you've done so far.
Who is your target audience? Have you verified that there is a demand for your products among that audience? Have you developed a marketing plan based off market research that you have conducted?
Hi again @ihaab! We are always happy to offer feedback. If you want to consider implementing some of the suggestions above, and you want us to have another look please don't hesitate to ask!
Best of luck with the work ahead!
I checked your store, which looks good but needs some improvement. Let me share a couple of feedbacks:
1. In your homepage, I would suggest highlighting a few more collections (Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals) and keeping some testimonials as social proof as well. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.
2. I recommend you to strengthen your social activity on Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and connecting with similar communities as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic. Also getting a social media influencer to promote your merch is also a good way to get high traffic to your store.
3. Add an 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. Read this blog on the potential of About Us page: https://www.shopify.in/blog/how-to-write-an-about-us-page
4. I noticed that the product descriptions are not descriptive, A brief info about the product is required. Why? Because you can use potential keywords in such circumstances that are likely used on search engines. (try out this https://kwfinder.com/ to find phrases that are related to the keyword and also have a high search volume.) This will help increase organic traffic (google)
5. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.
6. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse the homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can read more about it here.
7. Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.
------> Reviews: Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely, you can read it here.
------>Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase. You can read about it here
8. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.
Hope these feedbacks help.