help! Product pages require customer password?!

alessiaivy
5 0 0

Please help. I'm only new to shopify  (brooklyn theme) and just went through yesterday and updated the website adding different pages and that. But come today when customers have tried to access the product pages it comes up with a page requiring a password. How on earth do I undo this? I've tried looking everywhere! 

0 Likes
Lulu
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 87 188

Hey, @alessiaivy!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Congratulations on your new store! I believe you are referring to the password page still being active and your store not being live. If this is the case, you can easily remove your password page then anyone can visit your online store.

Steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Preferences.

2. Go to the Password protection area.

3. Uncheck Enable password.

4. Click Save.

I hope this helps but If this is not the case can you please send me a screenshot of the page customers are seeing and I can help you out further?

Don't forget to check out our Shopify Academy, we have so many free short courses that are really informative. You can enrol at any time here.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
alessiaivy
5 0 0

Screenshot (9).png

So this is the page that comes on when we go to certain pages such as dresses or jumpsuits. It's not on the homescreen though or things like the contact tab on the footer. 

0 Likes
Lulu
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 87 188

Okay, that is because your cookies and cache on your browser remember you as the account owner. If you log into your store and click the 'eye' symbol beside 'Online store' - this is how you can see your store just like customers do.

20-07-dr29c-gf6ay

If you want to share your store URL here, I can check it out on my end for you too. 

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
alessiaivy
5 0 0

hi Lulu this is the store

https://alessiaivy.com/

i will try to fix it from my end based on your suggestion. But if you could have a look on your end and let me know if it's okay that would be great.

thanks 

0 Likes
alessiaivy
5 0 0

We have had a few different people look at the site from their end and it's still coming up so im unsure what's happening

0 Likes
Lulu
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 87 188

Thank you for that, @alessiaivy. I can see what you are referring to in this video. You have more than likely linked your navigation incorrectly. If you log into your admin and go to 'Online store' > 'Navigation' > 'Main Menu' and click on the 'Dresses' one you have created. Delete that link there and add the correct link. When you click the 'link' box, it will give you suggestions and they are what you have to use. So you'll click 'collections' > 'dresses'. You can't add a link to the collections directly from your admin as customers will need to log into your admin to see them. 

We have a full guide on setting up your navigation here in our help centre. There is even a video showing you how to do it so I suggest following that and then you will be good to go. 

Let me know if you have any other questions at all.

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
alessiaivy
5 0 0
Thank you so much Lulu I will give that a try tomorroe. Fingers crossed
0 Likes
Lulu
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 87 188

You are very welcome. Let me know how you get on or if you have any other questions at all!

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes