help with setting up product page

2 0 0
How can I customize the products page. I have upload but after adding all the info., nothing is aligned, the images don't fit into the space allotted them. Also how can I list the lead products on the homepage?(with a link to the desired info)
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
253 0 0

Do you have a link that we can check out? Your product page layout is set in your theme, using CSS and your product.liquid template.

When you view a product in the admin you can add it to the frontpage collection. I believe you can also add products directly from the collection page in the admin, and sort them in the order you would like them to appear.

Cliff Spence
0 Likes
2 0 0

is there anyway I can make those images appear in round boxes around the image. Would this be in the css?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
253 0 0

Yes, you would do that in your stylesheet, and in your markup as well, depending on the method you use. Google css rounded corners and you’re sure to come up with some tutorials.

Cliff Spence
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
283 0 2

Also how can I list the lead products on the homepage?

When you add or edit a product you should see a list of “collections” on the right hand side. eg:

Collections

This product belongs to the following collections:

Under this you’ll see the word “frontpage” with a tick box next to it.

If you tick it this product will appear on the homepage.

How can I customize the products page. I have upload but after adding all the info., nothing is aligned, the images don’t fit into the space allotted them.

I’ve noticed that with some templates the CSS breaks if you add “too much” info, or if you resize “too large”.

You can tweak or rewrite templates by clicking on “look and feel” in the top right hand corner.

You’ll need to know CSS and HTML to do it though.

On the right hand side you’ll see a list of “assets”.

To change the CSS you click on “main.css” or to change the HTML code for the products page click on “product.liquid”

Richard Quick

thePasty.com

Richard Quick - Finalist: SxSW Web Awards 2009 (CSS Category) - SEO and Web design - http://www.successfulsites.co.uk - http://www.mailright.co.uk
0 Likes