host has already been claimed

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
153 0 17

Hello there!

If your custom domain name is currently associated with an expired, cancelled, or frozen shop, you would just need to contact us at support@shopify.com from the 'account owner' email that the shop was setup under.

We would then be able to help you remove it from that shop, so you can add it to your active shop.

Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers :)

Jordan

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi there,

I have the same problem too and getting the same error 'host already claimed'.

I just closed my trial account but forgot to delete my domain on it. Can someone please help  me close myma7al.myshopify.com so I can transfer my domain , the only domain that I bought from godaddy & willing to use it myma7al.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
153 0 17

Hey Mohamed,

If you contact us at Shopify via email, chat, or phone, we can likely help you get this domain removed from a closed trial account, so you can use it on another shop. Or if you need to close a shop, you can do that using this guide.

Hope this helps! Cheers :)
Jordan

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
1 0 0

I  am facing the same error. I had a trial with missvirk@yahoo.com and now want to add domain to missvirks@gmail.com

Regards,

Gurpreet

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 149

Hey there Gurpreet!

If you're still having this issue, definitely contact support@shopify.com or call 1-888-746-7439. A member of our Support team can help you find that old trial store and remove the domain from it so it can be applied to your current store.

Keep in mind you'll need to verify some information about both stores, but the process itself only takes a few minutes. :)

Hope that helps!

-Alex

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Matthew

Can you please help me resolve this same issue. I started a trial account and now can't get logged in to fix it. Thank you so much! 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi,

I really don't know what to say but someone with the shopify store name "backpacker12.myshopify.com" had used the domain "theblinkers" and now the issue is I am the official owner of the domain "www.theblinkers.com" and I am unable to add this domain. 

The other store is frozen and is non functional. The support staff Darren and Aiden have responded but are unable to solve this issue. I am literally requesting the Shopify staff to please help me with this issue. Extremely urgent

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9965 84 1469

Did the support staff actually mention that they can't solve the issue or is the problem more that the domain has not been transfered yet?

Swapping domains from one account to another needs to be handled with care. This process can take a little bit of time but as long as you can prove that you're the domain owner the team will be able to help. Assuming your support ticket is still open I'd suggest being patient for a while longer.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Jason,

Thanks for replying, I am the legal owner of the domain 'WWW.THEBLINKERS.COM'. I bought this domain from Godaddy and as you know a domain can only be sold to another user when its not in use by anyone else. This is the third time I have asked the Shopify staff to look into this.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi I'm also having the same issue. 

My current store is vibreskin.myshopify.com

ahen adding our www.vibreskin.com domain it's also saying the store has already been claimed. Without the www it's fine. 

Please help, and contact jay@myvibre.com

0 Likes