(hotgirlboutiquee.com & imcravinglove.com) Scammed by possibly two shops in one transaction.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Recently on April 3rd, I was referred to a shopify website by the name of hotgirlboutiquee.com , where they sell what seems to be cute jewelry. Falling for it, I ordered some necklaces from there. After paying, I saw on my banking app that the money was taken by another shopify shop called, imcravinglove.com. I looked at both sites and they were very similar in what they sold and even what they had on their privacy policy page. I think that these shops are scams but I dont know what I can do to get my money back. I used a debit card so I'm not sure if i will be able to get my money back. I never revived an email or anything about my order being confirmed or shipping. I have emailed both shops and neither has gotten back to me. I have tried to do some background searching on each site and none has any social media or if anything does come up on social media that mentions them, it has been deleted. I wish I would have caught myself before giving out free money. I been reading about other's experiences with shopify and scams and i'm seeing that Shopify doesn't really do anything about people getting scammed and that's concerning. Shopify needs to have a better system in place to stop all of these scamming websites!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

I had the same thing happen to me! But with. 2 other shops that were different, but you can tell they were made by the same scammers and had same products. Was there a pay pal check out on the website?

I tried contacting through email without luck and even contacted shopify letting them know that one of the shops on their platform  are scammers stealing from people and now that they know it is wrong to continue to let them operate. Then I filed with the BBB. 

Luckily, I used pay pal, and it was connected to some random doctor in florida  running a chiropractor business. I am in the middle of waiting for a reply from them as pay pal has reaches out to them. 

But I would look into their payment system and also you can use developer tools and look at the code which may help give you some type of clues? It helped me. Sorry, that happened to you its just wrong and straight up pisses me off.

Take care.

Anthony   

1 Like
2 0 0

Thank you for sharing your experience and providing me ways to figure out this crazy mess. I checked both websites and neither had a PayPal checkout option. I did find an address that they claim that customers can send returned items to.. When I enter it on maps, it pulls up a Spa and Salon in New York. Do you think I could do anything with that? 

0 Likes