how can i pause my shopify account

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
87 0 7

Hi,

I have 2 accounts - one is working fine and for a few months, i'd like to stop the other account. any advice?

thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 43

Hey, @at3

Sunny here from the Shopify Guru team and I would be happy to help!

Based on the subject line of your forum question, it looks like you are looking to pause your second Shopify store but you also mentioned in the body of your question that you are looking to cancel. Which do you think you're leaning towards? Either way, I can definitely guide you in the right direction and lay out your options!

If you are looking to keep your one shop open but close the other, you can simply log into the shop you're looking to close, head over to Settings > Account > scroll down to the very bottom of the page to the Store Status section > from here, you can either select "Sell or close store" or you can choose to "Pause store". If you close your store, you will no longer be charged and your shop will stay on our servers for 30 days after the date of cancellation. It's important to note that we cannot promise that your shop will still be retrievable after those 30 days. Keep in mind that if you cancel your store you will no longer have access to it, so it's best to make sure you download and export any information you would like to keep from this shop before closing. You can learn more about this on our help doc here. Also, closing this store will also not affect your other store just in case you were worried!

Alternatively, our Dormant plan, which is also known as our paused plan, costs $14 per month. This is a downgraded plan that will allow you to keep your store active on our servers while you're on vacation, taking a hiatus from the shop or simply need more time to work on it, for example adding products, editing your theme, etc. The ability to use the checkout and / or process orders is revoked until you upgrade to one of our higher plans - such as the $29 Basic plan.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or if you need a hand pausing or closing your store!

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1
This doesn’t work for me
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @at3, I made a video tutorial for you on how to pause shopify store. Hope this helps! https://www.askquesty.com/shopify-answers/pause-online-store-shopify-tutorial

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thanks but the Link for the tutorial doesn't work. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
232 10 14

This is an accepted solution.

You can pause the other store. If you do not know how to, you should read this guide. It will instruct you to pause your Shopify store step by step.

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Thank you for the reply, i learned from it
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
57 0 2

The store status section should have the option to pause the store

A 1 second decrease in load speed can increase conversions by 1% – 7%. Get your store speed optimized
0 Likes