how do i enable pop up box on homepage?

Highlighted
17 0 0

how do i enable a pop up box when people first enter the homepage where i can tell them info about things like sweet deals, newsletter sign ups, coupons etc?

i'm using the debut theme btw

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
423 0 92

Hi, Jason!

My name is Jade, I'm with the Support Team at Shopify!

The Debut Theme does not have the pop-up feature as part of the theme. You can use a third party app such as Popup Upsell on Exit & Visit or Better Coupon Box - Free Email Popups to create popups on your website to promote sales and discount codes. Both apps have a free version and a paid version that allows you to integrate with MailChimp in order to add the feature of getting email sign ups. If you are more interested in getting email sign ups, you may prefer to use the app MailMunch - Email Popup

You can also enable newsletter signup on your website. Login to your Shopify admin > click Online Store > Customize Theme > click Footer on the left side > check the box for Show newsletter signup and click Save.

Take Care ?

Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi, 

Which themes is it possible to get a pop up on the home page encouraging customers to sign up to the news letter?

Thanks,

Alex 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Do any of the themes include this without having to integrate a plug in?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Yes, there a lot of themes offering this functionality. Look for the Warehouse theme, you'll get your required functionality.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
24 1 2

Hi Jason,

Since Jade replied to your question, a lot of new popup apps have been released that should make your life easier.

Some of most popular include:

I hope it helps!

0 Likes