how to Build my E-commerce ranking?

Tourist
2 0 1

hi Everyone!

i started a new e-commerce business. i need help to build my ranking.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2412 163 356

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question as Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can tough even on the best of days. There is a lot of good information and tips out there to help. Shopify has a good guide on getting SEO working for your store which you can see here.  One of the most important aspects of SEO is adding the correct keywords, you can find out more about adding keywords for SEO to your Shopify store here. Shopify also has a great blog post as a beginners guide to SEO, which could be worth a read also. 

If you want to take your SEO one step further, there are some great apps in the app store which can help you improve your search ranking:

Don't hesitate to ask, should you have any other questions. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
2 0 1

Thanks for this Information.

1 Like
2 0 0

Thanks For good information should i pay someone to do my essay cheap uk.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Sell4Bids,

To build your ranking you need to build the credibility of your web store. After your on-page optimization, you need to work on your off-page optimization which includes getting other reputable websites linking back to your website.

For Ecommerce stores, you can easily use your product as bait to get reviews of your products on many websites. Those people will enjoy your product for free, and write about your product. Those backlinks can help a well optimized website rank higher.

If you have any follow-up questions, please let me know, I am always happy to help! 

Thanks!

I share free information to business owners to grow their business. I am also working on my next project, a Sales CRM to help you organize your contacts and grow your sales!
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Sell4Bids,

If by ecommerce ranking you mean the likelihood of your site being shown by search engines, then what you are referring to is SEO.  However please note that eCommerce ranking could also refer to the way people review your site on sites such as google by ranking your business using the star rating or on sites such as resellerratings.  

If you do indeed mean SEO, then you have to think both about Local SEO and global SEO.  Even if your business is 100% online, local SEO is still important because you can take advantage of a local location to rank highly locally (which is way easier then ranking globally).  To do this you'd have to take certain steps to get listed on google local and then do a few things to optimize your site.  Other then this SEO is comprised of a few things:

1) Link building (look for contextual links without any no-follow tags), although a good balance of follow and no follow is critical. User MOZ, Majestic and other similar tools to get ideas for good places to link from.

2) Great content on the site.  Try to create  a blog and link to product pages from within your blog.  Always be relevant. Point to relevant pages from relevant links.  Product pages always have to have good content, good unique titles and headings.  Don't repeat content.

3) Keyword research (Start with google search console).

4) If your business is global, make sure you have localized versions of the site.. This means proper canonical and rel-alternate tagging and local versions of the sites.  COntent could be simply a different default currency.

There are certainly more ideas but this is a good start.  If you need more help reach out to us at bumblefield.com.  We specialize in marketing for small businesses. Even if you can't master SEO there may be simpler and fast ways to get you making revenue.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

You need to work in to build your credibility through social signals. Work a lot on your social media accounts to create engagement before starting using some kinf of advertising to drive traffic.

Please advise if you want me to go further.

Regards

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
18 0 4

Hi,

Apart from SEO which is must, you can use the following tool to build your e-commerce ranking :

1. Setup Google Analytics.

2. Setup Google Search Console.

Thanks,

0 Likes