how to add a second store to your Shopify account ?

cherrif05
Visitor
1 0 0

hello . how to add a second store to your Shopify account ?  thanks

Replies 3 (3)

Finley
Shopify Staff (Retired)
201 26 45

Hey @cherrif05!

This is Finley from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

To make sure I understand your question correctly, would you clarify if you're looking to organize similar types of products in one store? Perhaps you'd like to have two completely different stores selling different products and targeting a different customer base? Alternatively, you might need to create a duplicate of your store with a different currency or language?

I'll cover these topics below, however, let me know if you're looking for something else.

1) Group your products into collections

If you're selling similar types of products and need a way to organize them, you might be interested in creating collections.

For example, if you have a pet store, you might have a collection for pet food, a collection for pet toys, and then a collection for pet beds, all in one store.

Once the collections are created, you can add them to your navigation menu. This way, your customers can easily find the product category they're looking for.

2) Creating a second Shopify store

If you'd like to have two different stores that will both have their own separate domain name, different products, or target customers, you'll need to create a new Shopify account.

You can sign up for another free 14-day trial at any time.

While you're doing this, you may be interested in reading our guide to making the most out of your 14-day trial.

We also have a ton of wonderful free courses on our Shopify Compass. If you need a refresher on how to create and set up your Shopify store, we have the easy to follow along Getting Started with Shopify course.

3) Creating a duplicate store, with a different currency or language

If you're looking to create a secondary website with a different currency or language you can see if selling in multiple languages and selling in multiple currencies might work for you.

If you'd like to have two separate Shopify stores with the same branding, products, theme, and account owner, but would like two separate Shopify accounts, please let me know! There may be another option available for you.

Next steps

Let me know which option you're after, and I'm happy to delve into the details further if you need.

Otherwise, if I haven't addressed your question, let me know what you're looking to achieve. The more details you can provide, the better, and I'll be happy to get back to you.

I hope you're enjoying your day so far!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

bold-brassy
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Finley!

I found this post very helpful. I would like to ask you about your point #3 regarding "two separate Shopify stores with the same branding, products, theme, and account owner, but would like two separate Shopify accounts". I'm looking to do this. Can you help with the best way to do so?

ravenhockey
Visitor
1 0 0

I am looking to do the same, I have all the same products however I want a Full .com for USA and a .ca for Canada.  Can I do this on one account or do I need to run two separate shopify accounts?