how to create a shipping policyy

Candy93
1 0 0

so im new to shopify an i wanted to create a shipping policy that is international has affordable rates i live in canada can anyone help me out i dont no where to begin

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
72 12 6

Hello @Candy93

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you have a question regarding your Shipping Policy so I wanted to help you out.

To start I just wanted to highlight the difference between your Shipping Policy and Shipping Rates:

• Shipping rates are what you charge your customers depending on their location for shipping. In your Settings > Shipping and Delivery, you will be able to set up different Shipping Zones i.e. Canada Domestic Shipping and International shipping, and set separate rates for both.
  • The Shipping Policy is where you communicate to your customers how shipping works in your store, what they can expect in terms of estimated delivery dates or even clarification on why there may be delays with their product. It can be set in your Settings > Legal. Check out our help doc on Store Policies to learn more.

Going back to setting up your rates, once you open Settings > Shipping and Delivery, you will need to click on Manage rates where you will see that you can set up the Shipping zones:

01-04-59072-33429

In the above example you can see how the zones and rates are split up for domestic and international shipping.

In terms of what you should be charging, that is entirely up to you. Shipping rates are there for you to be able to cover that costs of shipping products out to your customers, so it has to be affordable for you. You can check what rates would be most suitable to set for your own store by looking into this with your local post office and seeing what you would need to cover there. The shipping rates can be edited at any time so you will be able to go back and change them if you ever feel that they are not appropriate.

Please check out our help doc on Shipping and Delivery to learn more, but also feel free to ask me any questions here.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes