how to make website private with a coming soon

3 0 0

Hi People,

I made my site live but then realised I may have jumped the gun and want to make it private again so I can change a few things and stir some interest on Instagram first. How do I turn a live site into a coming soon page? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 41

Hey, @Rosalie2!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Congratulations on creating your store, how have you found designing it so far? Building hype is a great idea and it can help get a few email addresses before opening your store too. To turn on your password page, you can follow these steps :

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Preferences.

2. Scroll to the Password protection area, and check Enable password.

3. In Password, enter the password that you'll give to the customers who you want to be able to access your online store. Don't use the same password that you use to log into your admin.

4. In Message for your visitors, enter the message that you want to show on the password page. If you don't want to show a message, then leave this field blank.

5. Click Save.

If you remove password protection, then anyone can visit your online store again. To make your store live again:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Preferences.

2. Go to the Password protection area.

3. Uncheck Enable password.

4. Click Save.

We have a handy guide in our help centre here all about the password page so be sure to take a look. Another guide that would be great for you to read before launching is this one here: The Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist - it has some really great tips.

Separate to your query, I just wanted to say that we're always here to chat with you about how things work on Shopify or any technical aspects you might need assistance with — but you can also ask us all sorts of things. If you want our opinion about your business plan or site layout, even with marketing and growth aspects you're curious about, then be sure to reach out. Almost anything you have questions about when it comes to eCommerce, I am happy to help!

All the best,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes