how to pause my shopify account?

Solved
soulabaroudi
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello, 

I am trying to pause my account www.orange8shop.com but the instructions said that in the status I should see the "pause" button. as you can see from my screenshot below there is no "pause" button. can you please assist me in this, please. 

thank you,

Soula

soulabaroudi_0-1618033431496.png

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
854 54 130

This is an accepted solution.

Hy, @soulabaroudi!

I'm Ava from Shopify Support, I'd like to help you out here.

The option to Pause/Close/Sell your store should be at the bottom of the page when you go to Settings > Plan and Permissions. However, I can see from your screenshot you are currently on the Annual Shopify plan. Pausing stores on annual billing cycles is different from pausing stores on monthly billing cycles. On a monthly cycle, you would pay (for example) $29 every 30 days then you pause the store and pay $9 USD moving forward until you decide to unpause. Whereas with an annual billing cycle, you have already paid for the year ahead.

Plan changes to stores on an annual cycle will need to be made manually by our Financial Services team! This is because any change to an annual cycle will complicate the billing, so it's best that it is done correctly by our higher support team. Once you switch to the Pause plan, you will receive a credit for the time left on your annual cycle.

In order for our Financial Services team to make this change for you, we’ll need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Centre here and log in to your account to create a support request. Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. 

For some extra context, can I ask why you would like to Pause your store? Just to see if there is any other way I can help!

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
soulabaroudi
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello Ava, 

any updates on this? i am still not able to pause or enable my shopify account. 

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
854 54 130

Hey, @soulabaroudi!

The next steps here were for you to contact our Help Centre so you could start a live chat with our support team. The support team there can properly authenticate you as the account owner, and then contact our Financial Services team on your behalf so that they can put your store on the Pause plan.

At the moment you are on the annual plan, and merchants on any kind of annual billing cycle do not have the ability to edit their billing cycle themselves. The switch to the Pause plan will have to be made internally by our Financial Services team, the fastest way to ask them to do this is by starting a live chat with our support team by clicking on this link!

I'm sure this will be resolved for you soon! 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes