how to remove 100 Variants limt

Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Even if you use a workaround like the one proposed here (merging multiple products together):

https://freakdesign.com.au/blogs/news/105830151-make-a-product-in-shopify-with-more-than-the-100-var...

this will be incompatible with the Google Shopping Feed plugins.

This is a huge deal since we want as many variants as possible to be in the google shopping feed so that we can maximize the funnel entry.

Please expand the maximum to 600. I been building a catalog  for the Google Shopping feed for weeks just to hit a brick wall on this 100 variant limit.

1 Like
2 0 3

My learning curve has brought me to the dead-end of 100 variants which is bologna... unless functionality is added to provide 1000 variants, Shopify is not going to be a platform I can use which is a bummer, I like the format of Shopify. 

as to all the great responses, thanks all! 

Maybe their stock will dip when people start migrating off of Shopify because it does not support their needs.

2 Likes
1 0 2

Yes

2 Likes
2 0 2

And even if you break them up by color (which shouldn't be necessary) you're still over the limit at 108. Breaking it up any further by one or more size options is a non-starter.

I have the same issue.

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 1
It's an issue for us and has caused the biggest issue for our store, please fix this.
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2
I imagine no small part of the reason is so that people upgrade their
plans. But I am very willing to pay for a plan based on number of variants.
1 Like
1 0 2

Hi there. I am looking to migrate to Shopify from WooCommerce/WordPress. The 3 option max, and 100 max variant, is a real deal breaker for me as well. even though everything else looks great. I have not been able to find any reason why this limitation exists, it seems like an arbitrary number and is pushing a lot of stores to other platforms.

Shopify please remedy this issue. Using apps to fix this is a work around for something that should not even be an issue (and these apps can't even tie the extra options/skus to real stock in your stores inventory, so kiss goodbye to having Shopify automatically manage your inventory - which isn't this the whole point why we're on a platform that was built for e-commerce from the ground up? Shouldn't this be one of the pillars of success of Shopify, that it can handle a situation like this?). It took me very little time on investigating whether Shopify could be my new platform to discover this issue, that I've already had a very hard time continuing to look more into it, this is just such a big deal right off the bat. 

2 Likes
1 0 0

We are in early testing of a Shopify system and this is a serious setback, it is really unfortunate to have such an arbitrary limit on something that's really important for some sellers. 

If they can't change this number then they must have some pretty poorly engineered systems. 

0 Likes