how to remove 100 Variants limt

Highlighted
3 0 0

The variant limit of 100 variants per product cannot be raised for any account or plan.

This is the most absurd answer ever. If it can't be raised due to your technical and/or intelectual limitations (not mine) Then shopify is useless to me.

Besides all the issues that I had to put up with, being this little thing of yours, the most frustrating thing ever.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I also have a need for items that have more than 100 variants, unfortunately due to this restriction I am forced to go to wordpress platform.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
25 0 1

This is the oldest issue we have with shopify, and I am of the opinion that Shopify will never allow more than 100 variants due to the long term relationships they have with third party app makers who have developed and indeed make a mountain of revenue from applications which offer the ability to add limitless options to your products. (Bold product options) these apps in my opinion are very expensive and while they solve the front end issue the back end is far from perfect. The data which is displayed on our customer orders is messy and doesn't appear like an order which contains variants from shopify. Also when we export our sales so that we can plan our orders for the next quarter (best selling products and variants of those products) all products we use the 3rd party app on do not show any variants on them.. so we just have the product title which sucks. 

I think we are in our 8th year and our 3rd store with Shopify and this issue baffles me the most of all issues, they should raise it to 500 at a bare minimum their solution for creating separate products does not work for us.. what are we supposed to do list Riding Boots Black Sizes 35 to 39 and then another listing Riding Boots Black Size 40 to 46 and another Riding Boots Brown Size 35 to 39 and another listing Riding Boots Brown Sizes 40 to 46? because we have to add the calf measurement and height measurements we need more variants otherwise we have one boot spread over 4 or even 6 listings... come on guys this is not acceptable. Love Shopify... but this has been a problem for way too long.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yes, it's a right pain. We have one particular style of tee in 39 colours with 12 different sizes. There are many other products that have 300-500 variants.  So I've had to split them over colour grouping: Blues, Greys, Greens etc. Ridiculous & a lot of manual work since they won't import as one product, but split up or don't import at all. I too am changing over to WordPress/WooCommerce as soon as it's ready for me (too complex for me to set up). Shopify is personally much easier to learn though, so it's a real shame they won't budge on the variant issue. I bet there's loads that have not chosen Shopify for this very reason. Are they losing more than what they make off 3rd parties? I guess they will never know by being so close minded about it never being available. Not every business is the same, nor large enough to afford to have an IT on staff to find a workaround solution. Shame Shopify that you prefer to limit your users in this way. It's a real turn off.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I think after trying to find solutions to this and building work arounds it's pretty simple: If you have 100 variants don't use Shopify. Shopify's refusal to fix this shows they have no interest in helping clients with over 100 variants. The work arounds that exists end up being huge pains and any advantages Shopify might have over other platforms are quickly lost.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

[reply to drock111]
Yeah, after many many hours/weeks of work, we have decided to ditch Shopify & use a different platform which also has more options besides the variants issue. Also worked out much much cheaper for us too!! Pretty stoked we have changed to be honest.  Goodbye shopify and your poor client support!!

0 Likes