how to remove 100 Variants limt

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a source of code to remove this 100 limit for each Variants the price will not change 

Or has anyone got a workaround i do not wish to use apps/plugins 

Thanks

Adam

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
41 0 5

Hi Adam,

Annette here from Shopify support. :)

The variant limit of 100 variants per product cannot be raised for any account or plan.

You can split one product up into several separate products and so increase the number of available variants.

For example, say your product is a box that comes in different materials (wood, metal, cardboard), sizes and colours. You could create 3 separate products: Wooden box, Metal box and Cardboard box with 100 size or colour variants each. Organising your products this way means you would be able to have 300 variants of a box on your store instead of 100. 

I hope this workaround helps, if you would like to let us know what your products are, we could give more specific help.

I know you do not want to use any apps for this but just in case anyone else reading this would, the following apps will allow you to create products with more variants:

* Infinite Options
* Product Options by Bold
* Product Customizer
* Product Builder

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
463 0 82

Hi Adam. Jason Bowman came up with a clever way to do it. Check out his blog post here: https://freakdesign.com.au/blogs/news/105830151-make-a-product-in-shopify-with-more-than-the-100-var...

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Adam, we encountered this problem as well (some of our products had >2k variants). We wound up engaging a third party to write an add-on that met our specific needs:

1. Support products split by style and color, which got us under the 100-variant limit

2. Ease navigation among different style/color combos using clickable color swatches

3. Don't make other stuff harder (e.g. by introducing weird data arrangements that you have to account for elsewhere).

What we have works, but is not without its problems. Chiefly, it does still affect our customers' browsing experience (same product in different colors can crowd out other products that were visible on our previous site). All of the workarounds that we have examined feel like a cure that's worse than the disease. It's low on our list of things to address, but it is there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
33 0 4

Does the PRO version of Shopify allow one to offer more than 100 variants?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
41 0 5

The pro has the same 100 variant limit as the other plans. The apps mentioned previously provide additional functionality for your products and will give more variant capabilities. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
33 0 4

Sorry, not the Advanced version, the Pro version. You call it Shopify Plus.

Does that also have the 100 variant limit?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Company (if that is your real name), the limitation applies to all levels of Shopify service including Plus.

Does it make you curious? It sure makes me curious, since it seems arbitrary from the outside. That they have stuck to the limit all these years makes me think it is a deeply ingrained limitation, one that would be painful to remove.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

This is not helpful.  Yes, we all know you can take 300 products and split them into 3x100.  The answer to the question is NO.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 18

Please break the 100 variant limit. We all know it needs to happen. Every shooting star, every birthday candle, every coin in the fountain will carry my wish until this limit gets lifted. Please help me make my wish come true—I believe in you, Shopify.

18 Likes