how to remove the cart and the checkout in the Minimal theme

Highlighted
54 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to remove both the cart and the checkout in the Minimal theme but to no avail.

I read I need to add 

.cart { display:none; }

at the bottom of the theme.liquid 

It has not worked. I pasted it literally at the bottom (last line). I am sorry but I have no clue on coding.

Thanks

Marta

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
202 0 22

Hi Marta,

My name is Ardiane, a Guru here at Shopify!

That's a great question and all you need to do to disable the cart is do a bit of custom coding in your theme's HTML/CSS. :-) You can use this doc to help you temporarily hide your add to cart buttons so that your customers can't go to checkout. While you can temporarily hide your cart button, you can't fully disable the checkout unless you're on a Dormant plan which essentially pauses your store and keeps your data on file. :-)

If this is what you were hoping to do, definitely reach out to us on our live support channels so that we can help you out! :-)

Have a wonderful day!

- Ardiane

0 Likes
Highlighted
54 0 0

Hello, thanks a lot for your help.

I followed all the steps but still my cart is on.

See screenshot attached. 

Anything else I need to do?

Thanks

Marta

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
202 0 22

Hey Marta,

That's great that you've done the first step, if you just want to hide the Cart button on the header, that's another easy thing to do! :-) You can just try to hide it again like you did with the Add to Cart button!

Go into your HTML/CSS again, go to your Snippets and look for your header-bar.liquid. :-) Look for this code:

<div class="header-bar__module">
          <span class="header-bar__sep" aria-hidden="true"></span>
          <a href="/cart" class="cart-page-link">
            <span class="icon icon-cart header-bar__cart-icon" aria-hidden="true"></span>
          </a>
        </div>

<div class="header-bar__module">
          <a href="/cart" class="cart-page-link">
            {{ 'layout.cart.title' | t }}{% unless cart.item_count == 0 %}:{% endunless %}
            <span class="cart-count header-bar__cart-count{% if cart.item_count == 0 %} hidden-count{% endif %}">{{ cart.item_count }}</span>
          </a>
        </div>

Then, hide it using {% comment %} at the start of it and {% endcomment %} at the end of it! :-) I hope that helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
54 0 0

Hi! thannks again!

Great, the Cart button is not there anymore. Let me explain: I had 2 buttons..one is a cart and the other one is the word CART. So now, using the snippets folder as you mentioned, I could get rid of the CART word but still the drawing is there. Sorry, I have no other way to explain myself.

See picture attached of what I still have on but would like it off. 

I did both the steps you explained to me.

Thanks

Marta

0 Likes
Highlighted
54 0 0

Hi! sorry my fault, it worked now! thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
54 0 0

Hello Ardiane,

as I said I managed to hide my Cart/Add to Cart buttons on my desktop version but they are still on on both my tablet and mobile versions. How do I do to hide them from there too?

Thanks

Marta

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
202 0 22

Hi Marta,

Thanks again for your question! This is definitely something that we can help you with. :-) I've sent an email to the address that you log into your store with! If you check your inbox and respond to my email, we can keep on helping you out with that for sure!

Have a great day!

- Ardiane

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi,

I would like to get some help to remove the add to cart button on my shopify website.

I have a "one product store" and I want the customers to only be able to see the "buy now" button.

Is it someone here that could help me with this? I have searched a lot after a solution, but cannot find anything that actually works.

Best regards,
A.s

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I forgot to mention that I use the theme template "debut" and "minimal". I have not decided yet which one to use.

Thanks again, 

Stay safe out there!

0 Likes