how to use customers/login.alternate.liquid

Shopify Partner
12 0 1

I'd like to change the template of the customer log in page so I create a customers/login.alternate.liquid. But I can't find where I can tell shopify to use this template instead of customers/login.liquid. Could anybody point me to the right place? Thanks.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 155

Hey Sean,

In Launchpad, the theme you have loaded on your store, you can see on line 96 of the theme.liquid it references {{% include 'customer_links' % }}. That takes you to the Snippet customer_links.liquid where you should be able to make changes to what links from 'Login' and 'Create an Account'.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hi Cangarb,

Thanks for the reply. But that doesn't enable me to use my alternate layout, right? In customer_links snippet, the customer_login_link and customer_register_link filters are used to generate the links, and that just generate something like: /account/login and /account/register. And hence customer/login.liquid and customers/register.liquid template are used. What I really want is for login and register page to use customers/login.alternate.liquid and customers/register.alternate.liquid.

Regards,

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

were you able to get your question answered? i'm looking for a similar solution for orders and accounts alternate templates.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
32 0 0

Do you want to use your alternate ones all the time? If so the simplest way is to just rename the originals so you have a backup and then rename your alternates to be the same as the originals.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

No. Don't want to use alternate, want to just use it. The use case is I need another template, not the order or accounts, to access and display the order information, specifically in this case, for generating an RMA request. Perhaps I'm going about it the wrong way, but based on any docs i can find online, the only way to get at the "order" object is on the account and order templates w/o having to iterate all the orders directly off the customer.orders.

Thanks for the reply BTW, that was fast.

0 Likes