how to wrap text next to picture on a page

Highlighted
2 0 0

I want to add a picture to one of my pages. When I do this using the "insert image" button, I end up with a large white space next to the photo and the text starting below. Is there a way to get the text to wrap alongside the photo?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 0 23

Hey HRS,

This is Oswald, a Guru here at Shopify!

When you insert an image, you may double-click the image or select the image inserted and then click the "image button" once again located on the toolbar. This will open the "Edit image" window and you will be able to select various options including the "wrap text around image" setting for the image.

Click here to see our guide to Wrapping text around images.

Hope the above link and information are helpful! Feel free to reach out to the Guru team if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Oswald

Highlighted
2 0 0

fantastic! thanks so much Oswald. I was able to accomplish exactly what I wanted with your directions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 6

Thanks for the above posts and replies.

I have images that are portrait style, and texts that are short paragraphs (Q&As) with people.  The text will not continue wrapping once a new paragraph is added....so there is a lot of white space below the text until I get to the bottom of the image.

I realize I can make some changes to the html, however, that would have me only correcting for one blog post, and the screen size that I am on.

Is there a way to correctly do a fluid text wrap in Shopify?

Thanks

Brian

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hey Brian,

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find an answer to this issue?

The more I use the Shopify platform, the more I feel that it is lacking in some key parts that are important to running an online business.

TY

Highlighted
2 0 0

Does anyone have a solution to this? My about page looks kind of silly with all of the extra white space... I can't find a workaround and haven't been able to find the correct code to insert...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 6

Hi Guys,

The solution is to get into the HTML and put break lines <BR> code inbetween the sentences that you want to split into paragraphs.  The paragraph function simply doesn't work unfortunately.  

The <BR><BR> solution does take extra time, but ultimately, it works :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

That worked perfectly, Brian! I knew there must be an easy solution. Thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 6

excellent!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I've followed the instructions to insert an image, but the text is hugging the photo a bit too closely. The edge of the photo is practically attached to the text. Anyone know how I can add a bit of a space around the image and the text?

Thanks!