i am a novice, some quection about compare at price

Highlighted
1 0 0

If the product has a discount, how to get a specific customer (with a specific discount) check out the compare at price not the price

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
398 73 144

Hey, @pzita!

Jason here from Shopify Support. Welcome to Shopify!

With the current API, Shopify only allows the discount code to be used on the Price, not the Compared at price. If you wish to offer a specific discount to this selected customer so their discount is a unique amount, I suggest you create a separate discount code with this unique amount taking into account the difference between the Price and the Compared at price. Here's how you can create a discount code at a fixed amount or percentage.

Bear in mind that once you've set up the two price points, they are visible to everyone, including this specific customer. This is why it doesn't make sense to offer a discount on the Compared at price. It will confuse the customer at the checkout point because the calculation will be off. At the moment, there are no apps available to create this customization.

That being said, if you insist on building this customization, I encourage you to consult with Shopify Experts. One of the developers can help you create this customization with a contracted fee.

Just in case if I misunderstood what you're hoping to set up, feel free to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes