i want to noindex collections product page

Highlighted
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 126

Hey, jagadeesh!

Lizzy here, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

You can absolutely do that. It would just require adding a piece of code to your theme.liquid in the <head> section. We have a guide in our help docs which explains the steps for noindexing specific pages on your site.

Shopify Help Center - Hiding a page from search engines 

I suggest duplicating your theme before making any changes to the theme code, just in case. You can do this by going to Online Store>Actions>Duplicate.

If you have any questions about it let me know. You can also give us a call or start a live chat if you'd like to speak to someone on our team direc... 

Thank you, :)
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

i want to no-index all the product pages which comes under mobile-accessories collections will this work

{% if handle contains 'collections/mobile-accessories/products/' %}
<meta name="robots" content="noindex">
{% endif %}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 1 3

We have an app that will NoIndex all collection products. Check it out: https://apps.shopify.com/sitemap-noindex-manager

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

A non-intrusive coding solution to the problem that's 100% free is to launch a noindex tag through google tag manager. Moz gives a great guide to this. Basically just add this code to a custom html tag and set the trigger to fire on pages views for specific pages, page types, or other page variables.

<script>
// Removes any existing meta robots tag
jQuery('meta[name="robots"]').remove();
// Create an empty meta element, called 'meta'
var meta = document.createElement('meta');
// Add a name attribute to the meta, with the value 'robots'
meta.name = 'robots';
// Add a content attribute to the meta element, with the value 'noindex, follow'
meta.content = 'noindex, follow';
// Insert this meta element into the head of the page, using jQuery
jQuery('head').append(meta);
</script>
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

In tag manager you add the code above to a custom html tag. You could set that tag to fire on a pattern of your choice to exclude as many or few pages as you need.

0 Likes