include usage is not allowed in this context

Highlighted
2 0 0

With textWith textB.JPG

Hi

I have just had the text include usage is not allowed in this context appear on my home page. Above are screen shots of the homepage with the text and also one of how it should look. It only appears when using edge browser and not internet explorer. My colleague using edge has the homepage looking as it should, without the "include usage is not allowed in this context" text. Does anyone know what this this is, why it has appeared and how to rectify it?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1681 207 338

This is happening because there are some liquid "includes" used within the new "render" liquid tags. The liquid {% include %} tag has been deprecated, and replaced by the {% render %} tag. These tags are used to include snippets in your theme (such as snippets from 3rd party app code). The solution to this is to replace the use of {% include 'snippet-name' %} with {% render 'snippet-name'  %} when {% include %} has been added in. 

Also, it's unlikely to be differ from browser to browser, so most probably your colleague is looking at a different version of the theme.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Visely,

In which part of the code do we change this?

We are experiencing an issue where on both mobile and computer both have a message that says " Include usage is not allowed in this context"

SlicknSlim® Official Site  Shapewear For You??.png

This is bizarre, as this was not an issue until the other day. There has not been any revisions prior to this appearing.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1681 207 338

It might have been triggered by an app that inserted an include into one of the templates. It's hard to tell without having access to the code.

- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

How can we help you access the code for our site?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi,

I have the same issue, mine is Prestige theme. It happened yesterday. And it’s shown on my product page only, another page is fine.

If you don’t mind, please help me step by step to remove it? I am reading what you replied but I still don’t understand.
Thanks in advance
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1681 207 338

@SPCAdmin have you upgraded your theme yesterday? Or maybe you have installed an app yesterday? If so you might want to consider rolling back the changes (either switch back to the old theme or uninstall the apps you have installed and potentially might have added some unsupported snippets to your theme)

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

Yes I installed Best Currency Converter yesterday. I will try to uninstall as you advised.

Thanks

0 Likes