invoice payment failed when attempting to shut down my store

teddy5
Visitor
1 0 0

hi, i wanna shut down my store but shopify wont let me to do, they keep asking me to pay cycle bills and i don't have enough money what should i do

Replies 5 (5)

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. You won't be able to close your store manually without settling the existing charges on the account. When your billing cycle comes due, there will be three attempts to charge what you owe Shopify. If we are unable to charge you after those three attempts, your store will be frozen until you pay that sum. 

You should look to settle those charges if you are looking to close down your store. If you want to learn more about billing on Shopify or about specific charges we have a great help center document here

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ujjawal89
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey! I'm also unable to close my shopify store. I haven't sold anything and I have already paid 2 shopify bills and i cannot pay the third one. When I try to close my store, it says the store is prepaid until 22nd Oct, 2020. But when i hit the close button, it says "Payment Invoice Failed". Please help me out here in closing the store.

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I hope you're keeping well today! 

Due to the sensitive nature of billing queries, I suggest contacting our live support who will be able to investigate this charge on your account after authenticating you as the store owner. You can chat with our live support team here, 24/7. 

idgm21
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm experiencing the same thing, what would happened if I choose to disregard the payment since my shop is not selling my products anymore? 

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Hi @idgm21! As mentioned above, when your billing cycle comes due, there will be three attempts to charge what you owe Shopify. If we are unable to charge you after those three attempts, your store will be frozen until you pay that sum, and we will stop attempting to bill you unless you attempt to log back in in the future. 

I hope that helps!