is there a QA/Preview site where i can test my changes,

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,

I am trying to launch a new ecomm site using shopify. i did some setup..

but is there a QA or preview site so that i can test a full Order, like add to cart and make payment and check out .

Also, i want to see whther emails are getting triggerred ?

Also what plan should i select to have a basic site with Buy Online / pick up in store + SMS notifications

Warm Regards

Anilal KG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
382 28 57

Hi, @anilalkg.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.  

Good question! There are a few ways you can test the checkout. What payment gateway are you using for your store? 

All of our plans on our pricing and plans page come with an online store, and you can set-up your shipping settings to let your customers know they can pick up their items in store.

To set this up, you can check out our help docs on setting up a free shipping rate:

Create flat shipping rates

Setting up free shipping rates

When setting up the rate, you can name the rate as "Pick-up in store". This will let your customers know that they don't need to pay anything for shipping and they can pick up the product(s) in your store.

SMS notifications are included with all of our plans and you can find more information in our help doc here: SMS Notifications. You will learn how you can view & resend SMS notifications, edit your templates, and how to send a test SMS notification to yourself.

Just to confirm, are you looking for confirmation on whether emails are being sent to your customers? Or would you like to enable order notifications being sent to you and your staff?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

@Tira  -- What payment gateway are you using for your store? - I want to use the OOTB provided by shopify ?

Is it possible to use https://www.ccavenue.com/ ??

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
382 28 57

Thank you for your reply, @anilalkg.

Where are you located? 

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0
i want to run this online store in India market.
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

i want to run this online store in India market.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
382 28 57

That's great! Thank you for getting back to me. You can definitely run your business from India and sell to customers in India. Our in-house payment gateway is Shopify Payments. Shopify Payments allows your customers to checkout with major credit cards such as AMEX, MasterCard and Visa. You can learn more about setting up Shopify Payments requirements, configuring your Shopify Payments account and more in our help doc, here: Shopify Payments.

Shopify Payments isn't available in India, so you would need to use an alternative payment provider. You can use CCAvenue as a payment provider in India. Check out our full list of payment providers available in India, here: Payment Gateways in India. You can see a full list of locations where Shopify Payments is available, here: Shopify Payments Requirements

Let me know if that helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

In that case, how can i integrate my shopify site with CCAvenue or PayU ??

Is it configuration/settings change or do we need to write custom code ?

Warm Regards

Anilal KG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
382 28 57

@anilalkg, you can add these payment providers by setting them up in your Shopify admin. Here are the steps:

- Login to your Shopify Admin

- Click on "Settings" 

- Click on "Payment Providers"

- Scroll down to "Third-party payment providers"

20-01-vs5re-kfx94

- You can then search for CCAvenue and PayU. Once you find the payment provider you wish to activate, you can click on the tab and enter in the login credentials for that gateway. 

Check out our help doc on adding third-party payment providers to your store, here: Configuring Third-Party Payment Providers. Please keep in mind that when using third-party payment providers, transaction fees will be charged by Shopify and there may be a processing fee charged by your provider. You can learn more about that, here: Transaction fees.

If you have any specific questions about these gateways, you can reach out to the provider directly for support and they can provide you with assistance. 

Let me know if that helps!

0 Likes