jdigitalpro@gmail.com

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

Is there a actual chat support?

When choosing a shopify package plan can it be set up on a credit card, debit card or a bank account?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
101 7 12

Hey @jdigitalpro,

This is Finley from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your question.

Paying your Shopify bill

The location of your business will determine what payment methods can be used to pay for your monthly Shopify invoice for your subscription.

1) Credit card: You will need a valid credit card, or co-branded credit card from Mastercard, Visa, or American Express.

The card will also need to accept recurring payments in USD.

Standard debit cards and bank account aren't accepted payment methods at this time.

2) Shopify balance: If you're using Shopify Payments as your payment provider, and you're in the United States, then Shopify balance will be your default payment method for any one-time purchases, such as a one-time app fee or the purchase of a third-party theme,

To use Shopify balance as a payment method for recurring charges, such as your monthly subscription fee, you'll need to be fully onboarded to Shopify Payments. From there, you can turn on the balance toggle in your Shopify Admin >Settings > Billing > Billing information.

If you have enough balance available to pay for a bill that's generated, you can use this payment method. If the bill exceeds your balance, then the credit card on file will be used to pay for the bill instead.

3) Paypal: You can pay for both one-time and recurring Shopify bills using PayPal. This is available for all countries, except for the United States. You can use your PayPal balance, bank accounts, debit cards, or credit cards that are associated with your PayPal account.

4) ACH Debits: Those on the Shopify Plus plan can use Automated Clearing House (ACH) debits if you're in the United States and have a USD bank account.

Payment Providers

It's good to keep in mind that the way you pay for your one-time and recurring bills is different from how you accept payments from your customers.

To receive payments from your customers, you'll need to set up a payment provider.

For example, if you were to use Shopify's integrated Shopify Payments, as mentioned in the Shopify Balance method above, you would need to meet Shopify Payment's bank requirements.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reach out!

Shopify chat support

We do have our team to support you 24/7 over live chat. You can access that by logging into your account in the contact support section of our Shopify Help Center here.

Next, you'll need to search for the topic of your question. From there, you'll see the answers to common questions and related guides.

If you need to chat with our team, you can click Continue under the Get Support section:

20-10-bl655-bqe9c.

I do hope you found this helpful. Just let me know if there's anything I can clarify!

All the best,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes