licensing for products?

1 0 0
Hello group

I was wondering if it was possible to create a Shopify store that focuses on Marvel, DC Comics, Fornite, Transformers and Funko toys/statues/collectible figures?

I have my tax ID and business license and also applied to a couple of distributors but I believe I will need a merchant license from each of these companies to be able to sell their products.

Does anyone know the process of obtaining licenses from these companies?

Thank you!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1740 48 156

This is a legal matter, I am not a lawyer and most that may respond here are also not lawyers.

A lack of business experience is okay everyones been there just be mindful of that inexperience when poking 800lb merchandising-rights-gorillas and the adage "if you have to ask then you can't afford it"

For awareness please seriously reconsider your business plan if your first instinct isn't talking to a lawyer when dealing with merchandise from a company like disney.

Then also consider why haven't you reached out to those companies directly.

Now then:

With proper licensing or positioning of course you can make such a store on shopify.

google: "companyname merchandise licensing"

research: reseller rights, first sale doctrine, etsy resellers, reselling funkpop, etc

get:  written authorization letters that your lawyer has reviewed

then no matter what be prepared for things like DMCA, or payment gateway refusal if your ducks aren't in a row

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes