marketing help needed for Adult store

3 0 1

Hello, I have just taken over this online store. I am in need of help with marketing tips and also some feedback on my store.

All comments will be taken on board and any points, hints and advice will be most gratefully appreciated. 

This online business/technology is all new to me so please help me. 

Thank you 

Carl

www.toyz-r-us.com.au 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
769 75 150

Hey there, @carlw 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Congratulations on acquiring this store, it looks great!  I understand that there are certain limitations when it comes to advertising adult products. I wanted to show you this example of an adult store that overcomes this limitation. If you take a look at their social media also you will see how they use their Instagram stories, highlights and hashtags to show off new products and connect with customers. While advertising and posting may be limited with Instagram, that is not to say that it isn't a tool that you can utilize when done creatively. 

Check out this guide on marketing with Twitter. Twitter can be a really powerful tool when used correctly. With Twitter, there is absolutely no censorship so you are free to post any kind of content that you like which really opens your options. We also have this wonderful guide on increasing your traffic organically without paying for ads.

When it comes to your Mystery Boxes I would definitely be a little more specific. While I understand the gimmick is that it is a mystery, customers will want to know a little more before committing. You should specify the average worth of the products included and perhaps the number of products that are included.

The only link to social media that I can find links to a Facebook page which is currently unavailable. Having a social media presence is incredibly important in eCommerce. You can check out our guide on building your presence here. Social media is a key aspect of digital marketing, helping businesses reach millions of customers across the world. Last year in the UK alone, 89% of people accessed the internet every week; 77% of these used it to research goods/services before making a purchase, and 60% to access social media. It’s estimated that, worldwide, over 3 billion people use social media every day. This means, if you want to grow your business, you need to start taking advantage of using social media for your Shopify store. You can take a look at our guide on social media marketing here.

I can see that you have your contact information listed on your contact page. This is easily accessible which is super important, however, I would also consider adding a contact form to the page. This is simply because people can be lazy, to be honest. Instead of copying the email and logging in to their email provider, a lot of users would rather just fill out a form right there on the page. You can find out how to do this here. 

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. Here are some statistics for you to consider:

- 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)
- 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
- 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)
- As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.

I would recommend taking a look at our free Product Reviews app. This app can be found in our fabulous little app store, the home to all of our best apps!

You could definitely benefit from having your collections listed in the navigation of your store. This way your customer can navigate your store with much more ease. A lot of stores do this in the form of drop-down menus. You can read up on how to do this here.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo 

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 1
Hello and thanks for that, I will look at and address these issues.

Thanks again
1 Like