multiple product options

Highlighted
3 0 0

I want to add a 4th option to a specific product. The product is a book, and I so far have 'grade', 'book type', and 'audience'. I want that when 1 specific book type is selected, then a fourth option called 'level' will show up.
I have experimented with different apps, and none of them showed up on the store. I think this is due to the way my product is set up.
My product is not on a product page, but rather on a page. 
I believe since it is set up this way, it is not reading any code from apps.
I have tried to custom code this myself with little success.
Is there any way to achieve what I am looking to do by adding an additional option on the Shopify Admin, so that it shows up on my page? I don't mind using an app. I just don't see any app that actually adds fields to Shopify Admin, the apps all require setup from within the app itself.
** The additional field will NOT cause any price changes. It is just some info that the store owner wants to see when an order with that product is placed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
78 3 15

Hello,

Customizing the code of the theme is recommended for advanced technical users, because a mistake there could break your entire store.

I would recommend taking a look at the Shopify App Store, where you can find apps that can help you get what you wanted.

I've experienced with Infinite Options myself and its working great.

Best regards and good luck

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I have tried several apps, including Infinite Options, but the information is not displaying. I set up my options, and conditional logic, and then inserted the code into the correct page template (I am a web developer), and the information is not showing on my site.

I think it is because this specific product is on a custom page, not on a product template.

I need to be able to add a 4th option within the Shopify Admin itself.

Or, if someone knows how to have a show/ hide option on the page which will show the 4th option based on the selection, and have that go into the cart as a line item.

Right now, I have a modal pop up on my screen with the option, but it does not add the option to the cart, so the store owner can not see it. I also don't like the look of the modal. I prefer a show/ hide div.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
45 2 4

Can you add a link to the page? You can do this with a Custom Product Options app but these only work on products. If your adding this book to the cart, is it not a product?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

It is a product that gets added to the cart, but it is on a page template. When I try to insert code from any product options app, the code won't run. I have a feeling it is because this product does not use a product template. What are you referring to by adding a link to the page? What app are you referring to? I want to have a look at it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
45 2 4

Can you copy the url and paste it here so I can look at your page. If its being added to the cart, then a product options app should be able to work on the page. 
Below is a link to the apps example store I mentioned. You can see it working there:

https://custom-product-options-w3.myshopify.com/

Heres the Shopify App Listing for it:

https://apps.shopify.com/product-options-w3?surface_detail=Custom+product+options+w3&surface_inter_p...

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

I have tried another app, which still is not working. I opened the dev tools on Chrome to watch the console, and it is logging a bunch of errors with another app on my site. It must be this other app that is not allowing the options to show on the site. I need to find another app to replace this one, and then see if that was the issue :) 

Wouldn't it be simpler if it would come with Shopify?

(I see my name came up differently in this post, dev22 and Web-Dev are both me)

0 Likes