my store will not connect to my fb, I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Guys, I tried to follow many setup advice in Shopify & Facebook, but I just cannot connect both and my products in Shopify do not show up in my Facebook shop. Now i tried to connect again, this is the message i get despite having a page already

"To sell on Facebook, you need to have a Facebook Page for the account you’re signed in with. You also need to have Admin access for that account. If you don’t have a Facebook Page for your store, you can create one."

No Facebook Page connected

I already have a working page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
424 29 63

Hi, @JayCorz.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

I'm happy to help you here with this question. It sounds like you might have followed the steps from our help doc: Setting up Facebook Shop. Is that right?

There are some other steps that need to take place on your Facebook page to connect your store to Shopify and we can explore these here.

What is your page role set to on your Facebook page?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2
Hey I’m not sure why it’s doing this I’ve already took the necessary steps it was once connected.

Idk how to change it from custom to admin, when I try on the computer it take me to this ads page and I don’t understand what’s going on
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
424 29 63

Thank you for your reply, @JayCorz.

I understand how that can be confusing, I'm here to help. You'll need to change the page role from custom to admin, as this will allow Shopify to have full access to your Facebook page, which is required to connect your page to the Facebook sales channel. Facebook typically is outside our scope of support as it is a third-party platform. However, I did some digging here for you and found some information on how to switch page roles:

1) Head over to your Facebook Business Manager account by clicking here.

2) Click on "Business Settings"

3) Under "Users" click on "People" and then click on your name and then your page's name

4) Disable "Manage Jobs" and "View earnings insights"

5) Head back to your Facebook Page

2) Click on "Settings > Page Roles"

3) The page role for your personal Facebook account will now show "Admin"

Once these steps are completed, you can go back into the Facebook Shop sales channel on Shopify and connect your Facebook business account. The review for your store will start with Facebook and they will review your page within a 48 - 72 hour timeframe. 

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes