.myShopify.com Domain Change

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone, 

This might be a noob question but I am in a dire need to ask this questions. 

You see when I signed up for my store I had one StoreName in mind and the Admin account link was generated on that store name, I had a partner who was part of it but now that partner has left the company and I had to start a new store so I got all the new domains and themes but the link that allows me to login keeps saying my old Store name. Is there any way I could get this changed or could I transfer over the whole store with the subscriptions of the apps and domains to my new Shopify Account?  How can I do that, I don't mind starting over and redesigning the theme but I simply can't lose the domains. I need this changed so in future my old partner cant use this information to take legal action claiming the part he used to own in old. 

Your Help is appreciated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1012 58 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @HaseebCode!

Don here from Shopify.

It would not be possible to edit, remove or delete the 'myshopify.com' URL a store was set up under.

This is due to the fact that these are unique to each store and used to track accounts accurately here.

Not to worry, as you have a couple of options here.

We're not able to give legal advice from here, but you can check with a qualified expert in your jurisdiction to see what, if any, liabilities would arise from the use of your existing domain.

If you feel you need to start a new store with a new 'myshopify.com' URL you can do so, and you can see you to backup and duplicate available data and info here on our help site.

That guide also outlines limitations regarding what would need to be manually recreated in your new store that cannot be ported over.

You mentioned your domain names here, would they be purchased through Shopify or via a third-party?

For Shopify-bought domains, you can check out this guide.

For third-party domains, you can see how to connect them to a Shopify store here.

Check out the info on backups and duplication above, see if you want to speak to a legal representative about this and let us know if you have any other questions we can help out with from here. 

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like