Solved

Can I change my Shopify shipping address to a PO Box?

weatheredjessi
Tourist
4 0 2

I opened my Shopify account in my home address, which matches my credit card address. However, I just got a PO Box to use for business. How do I change the shipping address to the PO Box when my credit card address will not be the same address?

Accepted Solution (1)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @weatheredjessi,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question. It's possible for you to have multiple addresses linked in the Shopify admin including one can as your credit card address, and another as your store address (which can be shared publicly).

If you linked your credit card to Shopify and that still has the correct billing address linked, you don't need to do anything. If this ever changes, you can head to Settings > Billing and click on the "Replace credit card" option. This will give you the opportunity to enter in your latest credit card information, including your billing address.

As you're now using a PO Box as your shipping address, you can list this as your store address in Settings > General, and also as your shipping address in your shipping settings. Changing the address here will not affect the address we have on file for your credit card.

I hope this has explained things but if anything is unclear, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @weatheredjessi,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question. It's possible for you to have multiple addresses linked in the Shopify admin including one can as your credit card address, and another as your store address (which can be shared publicly).

If you linked your credit card to Shopify and that still has the correct billing address linked, you don't need to do anything. If this ever changes, you can head to Settings > Billing and click on the "Replace credit card" option. This will give you the opportunity to enter in your latest credit card information, including your billing address.

As you're now using a PO Box as your shipping address, you can list this as your store address in Settings > General, and also as your shipping address in your shipping settings. Changing the address here will not affect the address we have on file for your credit card.

I hope this has explained things but if anything is unclear, please let me know.

Kind regards,

weatheredjessi
Tourist
4 0 2

this was exactly what i needed to hear. thank you. originally, when i changed my address under general/store address, the address didn't change in shipping, still showing my home address. I got so frustrated that I logged out and shut off my computer after fifteen aggravating minutes of trying to figure it out. when you replied, i turned on and logged back in and the address had changed. now it makes sense. and since you clarified for me, i was able to put that stressor to rest, knowing i can check this off my list and move on. thanks so much!

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @weatheredjessi,

I'm glad I helped clear things up! If you encounter something like this in future, please feel free to post another thread here or reach out to our support team whenever you need some guidance. Thanks again for getting in touch and have a great weekend.

Kind regards,

weatheredjessi
Tourist
4 0 2
Hi Victor. I have sole three of my products but it appears no sales tax was charged. What I put as the price is what I am receiving. What Mat I doing wrong? Charge taxes is selected on each of the products pages.

Thank you.
Jessi
Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @weatheredjessi,

Are you based in the United States? If so, which state are you based in? Were the orders you received from customers in other states or were any of them from the same state as your own? 

Kind regards,

weatheredjessi
Tourist
4 0 2
Hello. Thanks for helping me with my previous problem. I do have one other question. I am trying to set up shipping rates and am hitting wall after wall. My sister has tried to help me but we both hit the same walls for some of it. Under Shipping Profile, I go to Shipping From and my name, Headquarters, and my address say Inactive. Why? How do I repair this?

Thanks!

Jessica Kusler
jessicadaizy@yahoo.com
Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @weatheredjessi,

If you're using "Headquarters" as a location where you'll be fulfilling online orders, you'll want to ensure it's marked as being used for online sales. From the sounds of it, the inactive message indicates it is not currently set as this. Head to Settings > Locations, click on Headquarters, and ensure the "Fulfill online orders from this location" option is checked.

If it's already checked and you're still seeing this error, please let me know and I can investigate further.

Kind regards,

dannyjoegaw
Visitor
1 0 0

me too icant setup my address 

sunshine04
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi I am trying to solve this issue and I know this thread is old but it's the only one I can find which addresses my issue.  When I go into Shopify settings there is not "general" section like you said in your last post.  Under "store details" I see where I can change my billing address but I'd like my billing address to remain the same while changing my shipping address.  I have a PO box I'd like to use as a shipping address that will appear on the footer of all email campaigns and on all my shipping labels.  Can you help me with this?

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @sunshine04,

Thank you for your question. The only address housed in Settings > Store details is your billing address, but you can add your shipping address elsewhere in the store.

For email campaigns, you can add the address manually to your correspondence when using Shopify Email and creating a template. The address that appears here by default can be deleted and your PO Box address can be added in instead:

12-33-83636-3525

For shipping labels, the origin address that appears is taken from SettingsLocations and will be whichever location the order is fulfilled from. This is the address used and not the billing address you have on file with Shopify. If you're creating a return label via Shopify Shipping, you can select the location and address you wish to use as the return shipping address.