no email notification of orders

Highlighted
1 0 0

We have written to Shopify gurus heaps about this problem, and it keeps happening. We rely on email notification of our orders - and sometimes they just don't arrive. The emails are supposed to go uto 2 mailboxes, and usually they do. But occasionally, the email notificiation goes to one, but not the other, and sometimes it doesn't go to either one. We have missed 4 orders altogether. Of course, we could ignore emails and only use the log on the Order Timeline, but that's a pain.

Does anyone know why this would be happening? Does anyone set up a separate inbox in their Outlook to receive Shopify emails only? I don't know how to do this.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

More detail:

Your ticket ID is 5756771.

On Apr 04 23:11 EDT, Faith4Families Info wrote:

This is a follow-up to your previous request #5369971 "RE: RE: RE: RE: missing ema..."

Oh my goodness I am about to tear my hair out!!!

So we have had more problems with this. And once again we have had an order missed from four weeks ago.

The two orders below neither my colleague Nancy or I got a confirmation email. I have been away on holiday so she has been sending out the orders and not thought to check the sequences of numbers in case one is missing. I have got back and as we have gone thru them we have noticed the two below we are completely missing and orders have not been sent. One was from a month ago!!!!!

#1536-2363 - april 30th

#1536-2345 - april 3rd

Every time this happens I have another person look into and respond to me. No response has ever been helpful. I have whitelisted your emails as requested but this has not helped.

Can you please look into this as this is not acceptable.

I would prefer that it was someone more senior this time and that this is taken seriously. We will lose business if this keeps happening and we have unhappy clients!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
150 0 14

Hi, Mary!

This is Martha from the Shopify Team. Sorry to hear that you keep running into issues! Receiving emails and notifications is definitely imperative for getting your business to run smoothly. 

The Technical Team, here, has looked into your issue as a follow up to the email/ticket that you've mentioned in your post. We've sent you a reply with some more details and next steps to take. Feel free to send us a reply there if needed. 

If anyone else is coming across similar issues the best approach is to send us an email to support@shopify.com with more details and examples of the issue, so our team can advise and authenticate your account!

Cheers, 
Martha

0 Likes
1 0 0

Has this been resolved?  We are having the same issue. 

0 Likes