oberlo&dsers

hafid00
8 0 0

Hello  can i use both oberlo and dsers in my store? second question i have been adding many products and i have modified variants would this be an issue for the SKU BECAUSE i cant modify them in oberlo since i need to remove shipping from china or USA

0 Likes
hafid00
8 0 0

how can i edit variants like removing ship from  without affecting the SKU, i have been delating ship from and i didnt know that this is not good for the sku code..can you pls help me thanks

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 54 96

Hi, @hafid00!

Sophia here from Shopify.

The "Ships from" variant should not be entirely removed from a product, but it can be edited. For example, you could rename it so that the title reads "Your location" or "Ships to", allowing customers to choose their country or region from the options. Check out Oberlo's guide on this for more information: Removing the "Ships from" variant from a product.

You can absolutely work with multiple product sourcing apps on one store. The main considerations here would be your shipping rates and the information provided to customers about how their orders may ship.

Shipping rates

As long as you are working with either your own flat rates or free shipping, you shouldn't run into any issues with customers placing orders for multiple products. Oberlo has a guide called Set up your Shopify shipping settings that you may find helpful. I'm not as familiar with DSers, but if you have any questions about whether shipping settings should differ for that app, you can contact the app developers under Apps > Get support in your admin or by using the contact options on their page in the Shopify App Store.

Communication with customers

Even with one dropshipping app, it is possible for customers' orders to ship separately if the products are coming from multiple suppliers. Therefore, I recommend communicating this either on an FAQ page, shipping information page, or product pages. This information could also be repeated in the order confirmation email that customers receive automatically once their order is placed (the template for this email can be edited under Settings > Notifications in the admin).

Are you selling globally or to a specific region? I would love to learn more about your store, especially in case I'm able to offer more specific advice for you.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

hafid00
8 0 0

im planing to sell in some countries in europe and north america also maybe in the gulf countries, as for ship from i have removed them because i dont want pple to see i ship from china or USA so is this gonna be an issue? and i cant go back and edit i dont even know which products i have edit their ship from,so the solution is to change ths ship from to shipping to and put worldwide?

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 54 96

Any products imported from AliExpress via Oberlo that have a "Ships from" variant need at least one of those variants in order to stay connected to Oberlo. If "Ships from" has been entirely removed from a product, the sync with Oberlo is broken. You can reconnect products to Oberlo by following these steps.

It's going to be evident to customers either in the tracking information or on the packaging if a product shipped from China, so while you don't have to keep that text on the "Ships from" information (you can edit it to read whatever you want), I wouldn't advise trying to hide that information from your customers. If it doesn't make sense for the product page to read "Ships from > China", you can change it to something like "Shipping > Worldwide" or even something like "Collection > Global". I hope that helps!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes