offering multiple gift wrapping options in the cart

Highlighted
6 0 0

I am new to shopify. have some programming background but not in shopify. I want to offer multiple gift wrapping options to my customers when they are in the cart page.  ideally, I would have them select if they want gift wrapping, and that would open a page with a link list of multiple options, each being a product. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Negin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
145 0 5

This is more then possible, too much coding to give an example but basically you'd setup a collection of gift wrapping options, then next to each item in the cart just have a 'GIFT WRAP?' link, on hitting the link open up a lightbox of somekind with that collection in it. 

then just add the giftwrapping product to the cart and attach it to that line item using Ajax. 

Its a fair bit of work but easy if you have the liquid know how. 

Professional Shopify Custom Themes and Modifications. www.myshopifyconsultants.co.uk email info@myshopifyconsultants.co.uk
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thank you so much for your reply. what I am trying to do is just have one link for the entire cart that takes you to the gift wrapping collection. Do you happen to have an example of a link opening a linklist to share?

Thanks,
Negin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi Nigin,

Here is the link to the code, for future refrence, that I modified off Caroline Schnapp's  gift wrapping code.

https://gist.github.com/rameshanandakrishnan/cea2ae42be7e01ed88f0

Best,

Ramesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Ram_Ananad,

I have got your adapted code to work on my site, and tweaked for myself to include product images.

however is there a way to stop it removing items from the cart? I’m using it for greetings cards, and if a customer wants 2 that’s fine, but by checking one it removes the rest.

0 Likes