Solved

pause and build message on landing page

krystine
Tourist
3 1 0

How can I change this message to update site visitors on when I plan on reopening the shop?

Accepted Solutions (2)
krystine
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for your help, its definitely a step in the right direction but I still cant seem to be able to edit the body of the text. Just header and footer plus the newsletter title. I've done what I can though so its okay if no further advice can be given

View solution in original post

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Gotcha, @krystine! You add an additional message for your visitors, like when you plan on re-opening, in the Password protection section in your admin by going to ‘Online Store > Preferences’, as seen below:

21-05-qauy8-4shcp

There are also some additional wording components to the Password page that are found in your theme’s language editor. To find these options, please go to ‘Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages’. Select the General tab as seen below, and scroll down to the Password page section to update. Once you’ve made any changes, don’t forget to click SAVE!

21-05-8qu0r-avsgz

Let me know if this helps. And if there still remains some wording that is not found in any of the sections discussed, please provide a screenshot of your password page indicating the text you would like to change (or let me know your domain name, and I can check it out that way too). I’m happy to continue to look further into it for you.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hi, @krystine! Thanks for reaching out. It’s great to hear you’re taking some time to build up your store.  

Are you referring to the Password page on your storefront? Your Password page is edited from within your theme editor. Once you’ve added the password protection to your online store, please go to ‘Online Store > Themes > Customize’ and select Password page from the dropdown menu at the top of your editor to customize it. 

From there, click on Content on the left hand side to edit the message displayed to your customers. For these steps and more ways to customize your Password page, please take a look at the Help Doc on Password protection for your online store

How is your store coming along? If there’s anything you’d like to discuss, or something I can help you with, just let me know!

krystine
Tourist
3 1 0

Thanks for your help, its definitely a step in the right direction but I still cant seem to be able to edit the body of the text. Just header and footer plus the newsletter title. I've done what I can though so its okay if no further advice can be given

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Gotcha, @krystine! You add an additional message for your visitors, like when you plan on re-opening, in the Password protection section in your admin by going to ‘Online Store > Preferences’, as seen below:

21-05-qauy8-4shcp

There are also some additional wording components to the Password page that are found in your theme’s language editor. To find these options, please go to ‘Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages’. Select the General tab as seen below, and scroll down to the Password page section to update. Once you’ve made any changes, don’t forget to click SAVE!

21-05-8qu0r-avsgz

Let me know if this helps. And if there still remains some wording that is not found in any of the sections discussed, please provide a screenshot of your password page indicating the text you would like to change (or let me know your domain name, and I can check it out that way too). I’m happy to continue to look further into it for you.

krystine
Tourist
3 1 0

Perfect that's the one I was looking for, thanks for taking the time to help me out, very appreciated

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

My pleasure, @krystine! Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.