pause store..ini upgrade mode

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
39 0 1

hi i already upgrade my store today. but im still not selling anything. because i still learn. if i PAUSE my shopify store. will all my data be deleted? and whether further payments are delayed or still continue? thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
728 37 114

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @baffaro!

If you pause your store on the Full Pause plan, your data will be kept on file for 3 months. You will not be charged for your subscription during that time, and you would not have access to the admin section. Also, you can reopen your store any time during the three months. If, after three months, you don't reopen your store, then you are upgraded to the Pause and Build plan, which is $9 USD per month.

The Pause and Build plan may be the best option for you here, as you can still log in and build your store while you are learning! Your checkout is disabled which means that your customers can visit your store and browse your products, but they can't purchase your products. I'd recommend Shopify Compass if you're still learning, it is a great resource as you can sign up for free courses.

Let me know what you think!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
39 0 1

hi,. how i can choose that package? because right now the option is gone. thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
728 37 114

This is an accepted solution.

Great question!

If you have already selected a plan like the Basic or Shopify plan, you can switch down to the Pause or Pause and Build by going to your admin and clicking Settings > Plan and Permissions. After that, you can scroll to the bottom of that page and select which plan you like. You should see this under Store status:

21-24-jjpmd-llzk4

You would just need to enter your store password to confirm the change! If you have already paid an invoice, our system will calculate the price difference between plans, then minus any time you have already used since you paid your subscription fee. This will then be added as a credit to use against future invoices.

Let me know what you think!

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Hi Ava,

I need to pause my store as we're not selling for the moment. But we chose the annual billing -  that we already paid for. If we chose the paused plan, are we going to get charged again? Or will we get a refund of the price we already paid?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
728 37 114

Hi, @echotools!

Not to worry, you have some options here. If you were to move to a Pause plan, you will automatically be credited for the difference in plans at that time. Those credits would remain on the shop and be used towards your future subscription charges until it's been used fully. Would you prefer to close the store fully than start again in a few months? Just in case you plan to be closed for a long time! If you have just paid the subscription fee for the year, I could have a chat with our Financial Services team on your behalf to see if we could get that charge refunded for you.

Let me know how you want to proceed!

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Hi Ava,

Thank you for your reply. We will pause for now as we don't plan to sell anything for the moment, but we still need the website to be available. 

Thank you for the help.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello! Currently I have my store on pause plan, nevertheless I want to close it for good but it doesn't let me access it to do it. The button for "close your store" below the three plans options does not work. Can you help me resolve this problem so I don't get future billings?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
728 37 114

Hi, @Chris237!

Thanks for reaching out here. If your store is on the Full Paused plan, you would not have admin access until you select a plan. The Full Pause plan allows you to completely step away from your store for three months free of charge. The Pause and Build plan allows you admin access while you are building your store for $9 USD per month.

The best option to close your store is to log into your admin as normal and select a plan, then once you have admin access you can close the store. After you've close the store, you can let me know here right after so I can refund you! I'd recommend selecting this option on the bottom of the pricing page:

17-38-d92ba-58jk8

This will mean you have selected the Lite plan (which is cheaper than the other plans as it removes the online store feature) and you will be charged $9 USD instead of $29 for the Basic. To close your store you can follow these steps: 

1. Go to the Settings in your stores Admin sidebar.
2. Next, go to Plans and permissions
3. From there, scroll down to "Pause or Cancel Store".
4. Go to "want to close your store?" and click "Close my Store"
5. Enter your password to complete the process.

After that, you can let me know when you've closed the store fully so I can send that $9 back to you right away. I know this is not an ideal solution, but it is by far the fastest and most effective. 

Speak soon!

Ava

0 Likes