pay pal checkout will not connect

tvprod
1 0 0

hi i have  new shopify store and i am trying to activate pay pal payments and the error i have is like this

i go to setting- payments -activate pay pal - i login to the my account and agree everything looks fine and then it redirects me to shopify 

and nothing happened it hasn't connected i have tried a several times and nothing helps . i even tried opening another pay pal acountbut nothing works 

any help??

0 Likes
Ajay_kumar_dev
Shopify Partner
55 7 5

Kindly, share the store url. So that ,I can look into this.

Expert Shopify Developer & Theme customizer
- If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
- Press Like ?? if the answer was helpful
- Still, Facing issue, Reach out to me Email :- kmajay8888@gmail.com | Skype :- kmajay888
0 Likes
Michal_Morek
Shopify Partner
821 72 137

Hi @tvprod 

Hope you're having a great day!

To activate Paypal, your store's country must match the one set for your Paypal account. You can update your store's country from the General Settings in Shopify.

Did your store's country match the one set for your Paypal account?

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

Founder of Shopify agency - Accomplishify.com
If you would like to hire us as Shopify experts, please reach out via:
  • Email michal.morek@accomplishify.com
  • WhatsApp +48 507 613 425
0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
493 56 131

Hi, @tvprod!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Let's check off some troubleshooting steps to pinpoint where this issue might be coming from. Follow the sections below in order and detail to make sure we're on the same page.

A. Do you have a business PayPal account?

You'll need to upgrade your PayPal to a business account, this doesn't cost anything, but you'll need to do that before you use PayPal for business.

B. Is your PayPal account in good standing?

If you've not used your PayPal account in a while or you're using a freshly created account you may need to make sure you verify your account PayPal will deem inactivity and restricted activities as suspicious and may flag your account or set limitations.

C. Did you give permissions for your Shopify account to connect PayPal?

If you've followed the steps in our Help Center here you'll see the section here on how to ensure that you've allowed permissions to connect.

D. Did you receive a confirmation email to your PayPal account email address?

Double-check your email address that is confirmed with PayPal. This inbox may have an email letting you know you've made changes to your account by linking the gateway.

E. Technical next steps

Make sure you've walked through in detail the previous sections in order fully before you do any of these steps. Run through the sections above even if you feel you've done them before, as this can serve as a great checklist to check off before diving into this section.

1. Log out of your Shopify account & close your tab

2. Open a private browsing tab and log in to your Shopify account

3. Check your PayPal set up in the payment gateway settings.

a. If your PayPal settings appear connected, jump to step 5. (Otherwise, go on to step 4 below)

4. (Follow this step only if step 3 failed) We'll need to authenticate you through our live support channels to investigate. You'll need to provide details on the results of all the above troubleshooting sections and steps above in order to allow the Support Advisor to ensure they effectively use the time with you and get to the resolution faster. You can stop at this step here as the Support Advisor will have your next steps.

5. Time to clear your cache

6. Open a regular tab on your browser and log back in, you should have everything appearing connected. If yes, that's awesome, if not, let's go to the next step.

7. Check and then ensure you have the most up-to-date browser version. After updating this should clear things up, but if not you'll need to jump up to Step 4 above.

Advice on using PayPal effectively for your business

While I read your post I was reminded of a common question that new merchants using PayPal for the first time have:

"Why is PayPal holding my funds?"

A normal process in owning a business is your partners (including the services you incorporate into your business) managing their risk, however, new entrepreneurs have difficulty navigating their way around these situations.

Here are my tips to help you out:

The better you manage your business, the less likely it is you'll encounter difficult situations with your payment gateways.

Speaking of! Don't forget that you can eliminate your transaction fees with us by adding Shopify Payments as a gateway (if supported in your country) option for your customers as well.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes