payment

Highlighted
4 0 0

hello

I just begin a new on line Shopify Store, i live in Thailand and i already spent 4 days to try to find a payment provider. Here the choice is very poor and every providers has his own requirements. Lot of them ask you to have a register company but i want to start as individual. Do you know some who are less demanding ? I have already PayPal but i really think that's is not enough because a lot of people don't have paypal account. Thanks for your help and advice.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
683 85 122

Hi, @Cram1,

Hank here from Shopify.

Choosing a payment gateway is one of the most important decisions to make when running a store, so taking the time to decide which one to use, is vital.

As you are based in Thailand, there are a number of payment gateways available for you to use, which I will share with you here.

Each payment gateway would have their own verification requirements, but this would be for your own security, as well as meeting their standards.

Other Community members may offer their own feedback, but I know for instance 2Checkout is a very popular one within Thailand.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi Hank
Thank you for your interest.
2checkout asked me a lot of documents and after 2 days told me that he
declined my submission and didn't give me any reasons why ...
Furthermore its one of the more expensive provider
I really don't understand why each has his own requirements, it's a big
mess and i'm very disappointed given the poor solutions you propose for
Shopify payment.
I spent 2 weeks to set up my store and i will spend minimum 2 weeks to find
a provider if i find one ...
If i don't i will cancel everything
Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
683 85 122

As they are a third-party payment gateway, we would not have any abilities to speak about their authentication review process.

But the payment gateways available are purely those that are approved in your region and would be a decision made by the store owner, rather than Shopify recommending a gateway.

While Shopify payments are not yet available to you, I truly hope that you find a payment gateway to aid you in offering ways for your customers to pay in addition to PayPal.

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

No still not 

and very surprised that a company like Shopify can not find payment solutions for their customers, this is the most important thing to consider ...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
683 85 122

I understand your point but as I mentioned, as the store is 100% your own, this is why it would be your decision of what payment gateway you would want to use within rather than Shopify's.

There are more payment gateways being added constantly to the platform, as we want to be able to offer our Merchants as many choices as possible.

As I've shared the payment gateways with you above, I will also share with you both our announcements and changelog, which is where all of our newest additions get added to.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
thanks for solution ...
0 Likes