payments received reports

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

I take payments through a POS terminal.  I also take payments on account and manually mark them paid on the shopify order system.  My report for the day gives me an overall total, a total for orders and a total for POS.

The POS total is fine because this tells me how much cash I have taken in.  I also take cash for some of the orders.  I need the total for orders to reflect the cash element separately so I know how much cash to take to the bank each day.

All advice or solutions would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

Hey, @un!

Are you currently on the Shopify ($79/month) plan? If yes, then you should have the ability to create an opening and closing register shifts which would allow you to track your cash transactions. A register shift is a period of time during which transactions take place in your store. You use register shifts to balance your cash drawer on a regular basis and hold staff accountable for the money they've handled. We have an excellent help document here that dives into how to start using this feature should you need it.

That said, sales reports for POS don't currently provide sales by type report. If your store is on the Shopify plan or higher, then you have access to the following retail sales reports:

If you're not on the Shopify plan, or if this isn't the information you were after, then please let know! I'd be happy to take another whack at finding a solution to your question. 

Chat soon!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi @Peter 

The POS report is fine because this properly reflects cash received through the POS.  The problem we are having is that there is always more cash to be lodged than that reflected in the POS figure.  This extra money comes from payments made manually i.e. marking orders paid on the order system (not on the POS).  The payments can be marked paid as cash on delivery or card.  We can't generate a report on how much cash on delivery has been recorded on any particular day.

Thank you for your reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

Thanks for that context! To clarify, are you operating both a brick and mortar as well as delivering your products? Is this why you're seeing a difference in cash amounts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@Peter It is a printworks and stationery shop.  The stationery items are sold at the counter through the point of sale ipad.  The Printworks operates on a job order system which is processed on Shopify's order system on a computer/laptop.  When an order is paid for we can't process it through the POS because a) there is no function to find the order and mark it paid and b) we could put the payment through here as a sale but when we mark the order paid on the order system we will be recording a double payment.  

We have tried creating the orders through the POS but this can't be done.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for the additional context. In this case, there wouldn't be a report, nor a way to separate these two as this is a unique situation that falls outside what the system was created to do. 

If your POS has a starting float, you can take the total cash, and subtract the cash sales from your POS along with the starting float. This should give you the resting balance of what you took in for your printworks side of the business. Alternatively, you'd want to look into manually logging which orders are paid for in-store or keeping a separate cash float to avoid mixing the two totals. 

1 Like
Highlighted

Actually, if you run the sales by channel report, youll see the POS, and draft sales separatedly,   Just enter the printworks orders as draft instead of orders maybe?

Cheers

@un wrote:

@Peter It is a printworks and stationery shop.  The stationery items are sold at the counter through the point of sale ipad.  The Printworks operates on a job order system which is processed on Shopify's order system on a computer/laptop.  When an order is paid for we can't process it through the POS because a) there is no function to find the order and mark it paid and b) we could put the payment through here as a sale but when we mark the order paid on the order system we will be recording a double payment.  

We have tried creating the orders through the POS but this can't be done.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Is this option for both android and ipad? We just started using shopify and POS and I'm trying to figure out a way how employees could get the report of sales/payments/cash at the end of the day. I cant find the register shifts option either.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

@ScandiJohanna 

Retail sales reports can only be accessed via the admin with either a full access staff account or a staff account that has permissions to view the reports area. The retail sales reports are available only if your store is on the Shopify plan or higher and you sell in person. However; the register shift option is only available in iOS for iPad as the feature is not supported on iOS for iPhone or Android POS. 

If this wasn't what you were after, or if you have any questions, let me know!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Is it possible to grant access only to a certain location for each employee? I'm not interested in giving access for everyone to everything. We have 5 stores and 8 summer employees.

0 Likes