payouts on hold due to address

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

we've received the below message in our Shopify account:

"Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold

Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold because your account information needs to be verified. Your customers can still checkout while your payouts are on hold."

its asking for the owner of the shop to verify their address.

However, we are a charity organisation, we have an appointed staff member as the "owner" of the shop, but they are just an employee at the organisation. Shopify is asking for them to prove their address is the same as the shopify place the business is registered, which it clearly isnt.

does anyone know how to verify the shopify address details for an organisation?

Many thanks

Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1645 99 357

Hi, @paul777

Shopify requires that we have an individual take responsibility for the Shopify Payments to account as it can not be tied to an organization. What this means is that the person attached to the Shopify Payments account will be liable for any issues that may arise, and/or will be the point of contact for the Shopify Payments account. Typically this individual would be the COO or CFO of the company. 

If the system is asking the Account Owner to verify the business address, and not their personal address and the information they have already tied does not work, then we'll need to get this escalated to manually update the information. We can only escalate this if the request comes from the Account Owner, so we'll need them to reach out to us so we can get this reviewed. They can reach out to our support through our help centre here; or through Twitter and Facebook

Let me know if you have any questions!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes