plan options....

1 0 0

Im working on a buisness model and have built a webshop within Shopify during my trial period for the business.  The site will not be live for some time, several months at the soonest.  Is there conservatively priced (cheap) plan available that will allow me to continue to work on the site without having to pay for a live site ? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
658 61 129

Hey there, @Mustbcrazy 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out with this question. I am glad to hear you are interested in continuing your work with Shopify and the good news is that we do have a plan that will allow you to work on your store without paying for the live features i.e. the online checkout. This is our dormant plan. Our dormant plan is $14USD per month and gives you full access to the admin so that you can continue working on products, testing out apps, customizing your theme, etc. You can read up more on using a paused plan here. To pause your store you will need to do the following:

1. Log in as the store owner.

2. From your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Plan and permissions or Account.

3. In the Store status section, click Pause store.

4. If you agree with the terms and the charges, then click Pause store.

Your store will be paused and running at a reduced cost. When you are ready to start selling products again, you can unpause your store.

Caution:

Uninstall any third-party apps that have recurring charges to avoid being billed for those apps after you pause your store.

Once you are ready to go live, then you can unpause your store at any time by choosing a new Shopify plan:

1. Log in as the store owner.
  2. From your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Plan and permissions or Account.

3. Click Compare plans.

4. Select a pricing plan from the available options. You will not automatically go back on the plan that you were on before you paused your store.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes