preorder page

1 0 0

how do i create a preorder page on my website and not have the product listed twice?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
70 6 12

Hey, @jhbrandingco!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Pre-orders are a fabulous way to generate great buzz and test out the efficacy of a product for advertising.

Although, there isn't a built-in way to create a pre-order page for your product(s), there are some methods to achieve this. Some are simpler than others, but I'll outline the methods you can try below. Be aware that these customizations are not supported by Shopify, but you can certainly receive some help from our Shopify Experts should you run into any challenges.

Method 1: Using an app

There are a few apps that can handle creating a pre-order function for your products. One thing that you may want to note is that your payment gateway can determine the way that these work as well.

Here are 3 apps that you can install to begin working on pre-orders right away:

Method 2: Theme Customization (Third-Party Tutorial)

Modifying your theme to allow for your pages to accept pre-orders might work well for you depending on the type of theme you have. Here is a guide from a third-party source that might help you build a product page template to receive pre-orders.

Method 3: Theme Customization (Shopify Tutorial)

We've got a step-by-step tutorial in our Help Center on building a product page template that also allows for pre-orders. In this method, I'd recommend not capturing payment immediately, unless you've clearly stated that you'll be charging them in advance for a product that will ship at a later date.

The key to succeeding with pre-orders is to honestly communicate clearly and to ramp up your social media and advertising efforts. The more exclusive or scarce the product will be, the more orders you're likely to receive.

Let me know if that helped! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes