presales questions

Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi I have some presales questions for you.

1. The shop administrators will be 2, so we will choose Basic Shopify. Correct?
2. The company is headquartered in Greece. Is there a way to connect with Greek banks to accept credit and debit card payments? If so, is there an additional cost to it?
3. If you have the mechanism for Greek banks, do we have to pay you a commission for these transactions?
4. What is meant by International domains? The eshop will sell only in Greece. If we want to sell in other countries do we have to change the package?

5. Our company is a representative of a large global company in Greece. This company uses your software and intends to provide us with the entire online store with the products and we just do the translations. What can be the process to do this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
86 4 28

Hey, @manolism!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for sharing your questions with us. I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know we have a Support Team available 24/7 to help answer any timely questions you might have in the future. You don't need to have an account to contact our Support Advisors, and they are incredibly knowledgable! With that being said, let's take a deeper look at your questions.

1. The Basic Plan does include 2 staff accounts, which means two users can have their own log-in information to access the same store in addition to the Account Owner. This is to provide better security, and also to log which user is making certain changes. It is important to note, regardless of how many users there are on a store, there will only ever be one Account Owner for security purposes. Only the owner can perform these actions.

Note: Check out our Plan Features page to see which plan is right for you.

2. Yes, there are payment gateways you can use to connect with your local bank account. Check out the full list of Greece Payment Gateways here. There is no additional cost to set-up a third party gateway such as the ones in this list, however, it is a good idea to connect with your chosen processor to go over their fees.

3. When you choose a third-party gateway, you will pay a transaction fee to Shopify per sale. The amount you pay will depend on the plan that you choose from question 1. Let's say you went with the Basic Plan, the fee is 2%. As your plan tier increases, this fee decreases. Make sure to read about plan fees and charges to familiarize yourself with Shopify Billing.

4. To take advantage of international domains your store must meet certain requirements. Those requirements include being on the Shopify Plan or higher, and you must be selling in multiple currencies using Shopify Payments.

5. It sounds like your company will be a re-seller for a pre-established business? If you plan to complete activities under their brand and be hired by this larger company directly, it might make sense for them to set you up with store access to their existing website. They can do this by inviting you to have a staff account. However, if this will be a separate initiative, then it is best to continue with creating your own store. Make sure to chat this over with the company as they might have certain recommendations or preferences.

I hope this helps answer your questions, but I am sure you have many more. Please feel free to peruse over the links I shared and get back to me with any follow-up questions.

I look forward to connecting,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes