product description translation

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me, because I have no clue how to proceed with this issue...

Our products are mainly dropshipped from a company in which all product descriptions are in English (a few thousand products). We are selling them in a larger store, however they require that all products must be translated into the local language. 

Basically, how can I automatically translate all product descriptions from English to Danish to comply with this rule?

Hope someone can help with this :)

Br,

Twee

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @By_Twee,

Nick here from Shopify. 

The best way to display multiple languages within a store is through an app called Langify. Langify essentially lets customers toggle between which language they would like to see the store in. If you only need the store to be in one language and still want to change it, you can do this natively within the Shopify admin by taking the following steps:

Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Languages > Change Theme Language > Danish

Something to note with both Langify and the Edit language is that they don't translate the content for you. Translating the content is something you would need to do yourself or have someone do it for you

I hope this helps and answers your question. Don't hesitate to let me or anyone else know if you have any others. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 4
Ok, But is there any way to add a second description for the second language without modifying the first description ?
4 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

did you ever find a way how to enter the translated product descriptions?

Tx for getting back to me.

H.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @delta94, when you say "add a second description" do you mean, have two descriptions for the same product in the same text box or for if the store is translated? A product can only have one description, other than adding a second one as another language below it or the language of the store being translated, it will only display once. 

@HenriRTM the language must be added by itself, even in English the product description will need to be added manually unless it comes from a CSV product upload with the language already populated on that sheet. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes