product images cannot be open

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

please, can anyone help me? I am using Simple theme by shopify. When I go to a product page, there are 3 images uploaded by me but it is not possible to open second and third image. After you click on it, nothing is happening.

I mean after clicking on the second or third image, it does replace the first one on the "big" window with the picture. 

Can anybody advice me where to find it in the code?

product page.JPG

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 19

Hey, @maris_777!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. I'd be happy to help point you in the right direction.

The Simple theme is able to switch images automatically, however, if custom code is introduced to any page that interferes with this, the function doesn't work anymore.

• Do you have any apps or custom code that was added around the time you noticed the issue?
  • Do you recall when you started seeing this happen?

One thing you can do to see if there's been any code changes on the product page template is to roll back the code to an earlier version to spot when the issue started or to save the previous functional version instead.

Here's a super-quick guide on how to roll back to an earlier version of your theme. Remember that you can roll it back to the most recent again once you've checked that out.

I'd also be happy to send this to our theme devs to see if they can spot where the custom code issue is coming from. They won't be able to fix it for you since we can't support custom code fixes. However, they can take a look and let you know if they found where the exact issue is. You can then request your developer on your team, or hire one of the Shopify Expert partners to help fix this for you.

If you'd like me to do that let me know and I can send over an email to help you find that code affecting your product pages.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes